Powerlifting, Olympic Weightlifting, Strongman, Highland Games

Moderator: Manveer

zappey1

Re: steroids in sports

Post by zappey1 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:51 pm

eyezm wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:33 pm
zappey1 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:01 pm
Wilhelm wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:59 pm
zappey1 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:52 pm I forget the name of it. But it talked about spy level shit the soviets would use to beat the drug tests for the Olympics.
Icarus?
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6333060/
It's still on Netflix

There was a German TV doc on the same topic that preceeded it.
I think it's mentioned in Icarus.
I believe that is the one. That movie is eye opening :shock:
Call me cynical, but I'm under the impression that pretty much all professional athletes are sippin' on the Capri Sun, and just finding new ways to not get caught...
Yes I believe that is pretty accurate. I have heard an estimated 90%. As testing gets better they are even going back to prove past athletes were taking forbidden supplements.

eyezm

Post by eyezm » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:10 pm

zappey1 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:51 pm
zappey1 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:52 pm I forget the name of it. But it talked about spy level shit the soviets would use to beat the drug tests for the Olympics.
Icarus?
It's still on Netflix

Call me cynical, but I'm under the impression that pretty much all professional athletes are sippin' on the Capri Sun, and just finding new ways to not get caught...
Yes I believe that is pretty accurate. I have heard an estimated 90%. As testing gets better they are even going back to prove past athletes were taking forbidden supplements.
I personally don't care. The athletes decided for themselves that they wanted to take the substances. That's on them. I think no professional sport should ban juice. They should just allow it and see what happens. Creates an even playing field. Makes the sport more interesting. Baseball was more fun when they took steroids.

zappey1

Post by zappey1 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:28 pm

eyezm wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:10 pm
Icarus?
It's still on Netflix

I personally don't care. The athletes decided for themselves that they wanted to take the substances. That's on them. I think no professional sport should ban juice. They should just allow it and see what happens. Creates an even playing field. Makes the sport more interesting. Baseball was more fun when they took steroids.
They still take all kinds of things in baseball. They are just more sneaky about it. I don't think the problem is taking PEDS the problem is lying about it. Which I get why athletes have to.

I would think maybe 2 leagues 1 tested and 1 not tested?

eyezm

Post by eyezm » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:32 pm

zappey1 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:28 pm
eyezm wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:10 pm
Icarus?
It's still on Netflix

They still take all kinds of things in baseball. They are just more sneaky about it. I don't think the problem is taking PEDS the problem is lying about it. Which I get why athletes have to.

I would think maybe 2 leagues 1 tested and 1 not tested?
That seems to be a logistical nightmare. Imagine the MLB and the MLB-DF. Would be very very interesting

TheDuke

Post by TheDuke » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:39 am

All Russian athletes are banned from Olympics 2020 and 2024 + 2 years from World championships in all sports, due to doping scandals.

It seems that WADA is really cleaning the sport.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:25 am

TheDuke wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:39 am All Russian athletes are banned from Olympics 2020 and 2024 + 2 years from World championships in all sports, due to doping scandals.

It seems that WADA is catching some doping and that some bans are being handed out. I doubt it has any serious effect at all as far as cleaning any sport. They instead just add things that are not sport to the Olympics while threatening to remove actual sport. PEDs don't help people break dance better it seems.

zappey1

Post by zappey1 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:51 am

TheDuke wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:39 am All Russian athletes are banned from Olympics 2020 and 2024 + 2 years from World championships in all sports, due to doping scandals.

Well I have some mixed feelings. On the one hand I'm glad they are trying to do something about all the jucin but on the other hand it does seem to be DECADES late!

TheDuke

Post by TheDuke » Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:35 am

zappey1 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:51 am Well I have some mixed feelings. On the one hand I'm glad they are trying to do something about all the jucin but on the other hand it does seem to be DECADES late!
Based on your previous posts you seem to think that athletes are still juiced to the gills, but just smarter than WADA.

Here we have an example of a country which is notoriously famous for pumping their athletes with juice, getting banned from international competition.
I think that's a pretty good job by WADA.

And a confirmation that today's athletes are clean in much higher percentage than those from the 80s and 90s.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:38 pm

TheDuke wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:35 am
zappey1 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:51 am Well I have some mixed feelings. On the one hand I'm glad they are trying to do something about all the jucin but on the other hand it does seem to be DECADES late!
Based on your previous posts you seem to think that athletes are still juiced to the gills, but just smarter than WADA.

Here we have an example of a country which is notoriously famous for pumping their athletes with juice, getting banned from international competition.
I think that's a pretty good job by WADA.
There's a couple of things going here from what I understand.
Russia has fucked themselves a couple of ways ....
...to be clear WADA just finds the drug cheats.

The individual sports feds, or the IOC, issue sanctions and bans for athletes or countries for drug violations.

I guess WADA has investigated all the fuckery with regards to RusADA to being a crooked testing org.
RuADA would be/was acting as WADA's enforcement arm for meets in their country, or say certain regional meets, and RuADA is supposed to be policing their own country.

so Russia is getting its ass handed to itself on three different fronts right now: IWF (weightlifting), IOC, and WADA/RUASA thing.
And a confirmation that today's athletes are clean in much higher percentage than those from the 80s and 90s.
Maybe.
If bribing is still successful,
or some the Mission Impossible tactics are being pulled off successfully (drilling holes in lab walls to access samples)
or dopplegaglers pissing for athletes
... the amount or intensity of drug use maybe the same in certain instances.
If those arrangements are know to be put into place, there's no sense to low dose, wash out, clean up, use masking agents, etc.

But, for the most part ..."macro-wise" yes, on average athletes are cleanER as a whole I guess.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:55 pm

https://www.reuters.com/article/doping- ... SKBN28U0NB

And her previous ban was when she was a junior, 15 or 17 y.o. IIRC.

I remember this "girl" was the genesis of that Bill.Moser ss article.

(TL;DR - Ex-soviet girls lift more than American soibois.... 2019Jordan would be so proud)

zappey1

Post by zappey1 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:56 am

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/sun-yangs- ... 09503.html

Chinese swimmer's 8 year doping ban is at least getting temporarily overturned because one of the chairman was sending anit Chinese tweets?

I'm not sure what anti Chinese tweets has to do with an athlete getting punished for doping but okay.

zappey1

Post by zappey1 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:50 pm

You guys think Jon Jones is realllllly clean now :roll:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/250-pound- ... 25841.html

zappey1

Post by zappey1 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:50 pm

His tweet kills me.
I’ve been able to outwork literally every LHW, i’ll do the same at heavy.. It’s called heart
The heart to be caught juicing several times and lying about it?
https://www.essentiallysports.com/ufc-t ... ntroversy/

TheDuke

Post by TheDuke » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:20 am

zappey1 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:50 pm You guys think Jon Jones is realllllly clean now :roll:

What's so suspicious about it?

6'4 athlete with 85 inch reach and really wide shoulders and torso, lifting weights and bulking up to 250 lbs?

And he's not even strong and jacked like Feigenbaum for example, let alone a guy like Ashton Rouska.

zappey1

Post by zappey1 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:57 pm

TheDuke wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:20 am
zappey1 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:50 pm You guys think Jon Jones is realllllly clean now :roll:

What's so suspicious about it?

6'4 athlete with 85 inch reach and really wide shoulders and torso, lifting weights and bulking up to 250 lbs?

And he's not even strong and jacked like Feigenbaum for example, let alone a guy like Ashton Rouska.
I just don't believe he is or will ever be banned substance free. Plus I find his tweet about having more heart incredibly ridiculous with how many times he has been caught cheating. Must have taken real heart to take banned substance multiple times and lying about not knowing where they came from. They should have kept his 4 year ban. DC has twice the heart that Jones will ever have.

JJ is a turd and has been given way to many chances because of $$$

TheDuke

Post by TheDuke » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:50 pm

zappey1 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:57 pm I just don't believe he is or will ever be banned substance free. Plus I find his tweet about having more heart incredibly ridiculous with how many times he has been caught cheating. Must have taken real heart to take banned substance multiple times and lying about not knowing where they came from. They should have kept his 4 year ban. DC has twice the heart that Jones will ever have.

I don't like Jones either, but in the octagon the guy is a fuc.king warrior.

I also like DC more, but let's not forget he poked Stipe in the eyes all 3 fights.

Stipe looks like a genuine great guy, but for whatever reason, he isn't popular like that scumbag Jones.

zappey1

Post by zappey1 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:48 pm

TheDuke wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:50 pm
zappey1 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:57 pm I just don't believe he is or will ever be banned substance free. Plus I find his tweet about having more heart incredibly ridiculous with how many times he has been caught cheating. Must have taken real heart to take banned substance multiple times and lying about not knowing where they came from. They should have kept his 4 year ban. DC has twice the heart that Jones will ever have.

I don't like Jones either, but in the octagon the guy is a fuc.king warrior.

I also like DC more, but let's not forget he poked Stipe in the eyes all 3 fights.

Stipe looks like a genuine great guy, but for whatever reason, he isn't popular like that scumbag Jones.
The point was how long do you think it will be before he get popped again? Or do you think he is done juicing?

I honestly thought he would be done a long time ago. But he has proven me wrong over and over again. :lol:

zappey1

Post by zappey1 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:12 pm

Another one:
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/usada-susp ... 13734.html
People take 7-keto-DHEA to speed up metabolism and heat production, which can promote weight loss. 7-keto-DHEA is also used to improve lean body mass and build muscle, increase the activity of the thyroid gland, boost the immune system, enhance memory, and slow aging.
One of them is peptide AOD 9604, a modified form of amino acids 176-191 that was originally used as an anti-obesity drug. ... Injecting this modified hormone fragment can stimulate the pituitary gland, which in turn can speed up metabolism and burn body fat.
I wish my doctor would prescribe me these :lol:

Getting a reduced sentence for coming clean when you find out you are about to pop dirty seems like a sweet deal to me.

zappey1

Post by zappey1 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:59 am

Wow 2 in a week!
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/usada-susp ... 10297.html

So much for the fighters being clean now :roll:

zappey1

Post by zappey1 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:04 am

This suspensions just got up for anti -doping early for "tainted supplements"

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/usada-susp ... 53334.html

and it was her 2nd offense! How are you going to get a reduced sentence on your 2nd offense?