Kabuki Strength New Generation Barbell

Bands, chains, wraps, straps, racks... are you sure this is training related?

Moderators: mgil, Cody

ShuggyBear

Kabuki Strength New Generation Barbell

Post by ShuggyBear » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:10 am

They look to be very nice, does anyone plan on purchasing one? https://store.kabukistrength.net/collec ... ation-bars

mbasic

Re: Kabuki Strength New Generation Barbell

Post by mbasic » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:21 am

"258k PSI Tensile Strength"

OCG

Post by OCG » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:46 am

Meh... I've not been that impressed with the Kabuki stuff I've seen in person. For the price, they're kinda rough. Transformer bar does have a lovely blue... But that's the only nice thing about it. Certain elements of the design make it slightly unsafe (nothing actually secures the sleeve to the bar), a pain (the "nut" on the end hits the plates) and somewhat unusable (holding the ends of the extended handles makes you hit your legs). Not a fan of the open bushing and unsupported roll pins in the duffalo bar and the finish on it is rough as guts.

A harder knurl could be nice for commercial gym use, but I don't think it's a real big concern for the home gamer, especially using plastic lined hooks. I kinda wonder what yield is too (probably not real different to any other decent bar...) and what it's failure mode is like. It also pisses me off that they don't just tell you what the steel is, like it's some super secret.

ShuggyBear

Post by ShuggyBear » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:39 am

^ Thanks for the heads up, I've never seen a Kabuki product in person.