vax poll

This is the polite off topic forum. If you’re looking to talk smack and spew nonsense, keep moving along.

Moderators: mgil, chromoly

Going forward, will you get additional Covid 19 vaccinations after this year?

I will likely get another C19 vaccine (upgrade) at the beginning of each new flu season?
7%
I will get a vaccine (upgrade) at whatever interval the CDC/my gov't says to do? (ex: new 'variants' )
57%
I am only getting vaccinated this one time only in 2021?
22%
I am not getting a C19 vaccine at all, now, or going forward.
14%

Total votes: 72

mbasic

vax poll

Post by mbasic » Wed May 12, 2021 8:57 am

I'm not keen on getting repeat vaccinations over the long term.

Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox

Re: vax poll

Post by Wilhelm » Wed May 12, 2021 9:02 am

These boosts are made for sheddin'
And that's just what they'll do
One of these days these boosts are gonna shed all over you

https://www.vice.com/en/article/88nnwg/ ... vaccinated

Brackish

Post by Brackish » Wed May 12, 2021 9:04 am

Sure, why not? They can just add it to the Tdap they give me every time I manage to injure myself doing something dumb. Frequent (yearly) vaccinations aren't something new to me, so it wouldn't bother me to add another.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Wed May 12, 2021 9:10 am

Nope. I get a tetanus shot every 10 years, I got a Yellow Fver shot because I had to when I went through Panama to get to the next stop. That's it. I got a JnJ for travel purposes, I do not get a flu shot and never will. I take the fewest number of shots/drugs that I can get away with. Period. Zero chance of a follow up shot happening for me, I wasn't really 100% on board with the vaccination I did get.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Wed May 12, 2021 9:11 am

I saw that in the other thread.
Its funny, and doesn't make any sense, and is not based on any science whatsoever ....

But I don't see how its relevant here.

Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox

Post by Wilhelm » Wed May 12, 2021 9:21 am

Sorry to taint the results of your clickbait very relevant poll of Exodus members.

You also left out quoting the best part of the post. :lol:

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Wed May 12, 2021 9:36 am

Wilhelm wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:21 am Sorry to taint the results of your clickbait very relevant poll of Exodus members.
I don't think you know what 'clickbait' means?
I have nothing to gain from this post/poll .... in the way of views, clicks, or "likes" ...or money.
There is nothing deceptive or overly sensationalizing or whatever.
I didn't switch gears or mislead anyone or anything like that.

I'm interested what the board members are doing/thinking going forward.
The "intellect" is much .... different here .... say than in other realms of social media (Facebook, IG, etc).

dw

Post by dw » Wed May 12, 2021 10:09 am

I will just follow official recommendations...why not?

ETA - Actually I will probably slack, but out of sloth rather than conviction.

GlasgowJock

Post by GlasgowJock » Wed May 12, 2021 10:10 am

I had my second jab back in March, though I'll likely get 'boosters' yearly if they bring in restrictions such as international travel. As highlighted above, you need inoculations for Yellow Fever, Hep A+B etc if traveling to places exotic so it seems like inconsistent logic refusing Corona jabs if I wish to continue holidaying.

Turkey's going on the 'red zone' this month due to being used as a conduit between India and the UK so not much holidaying happening in the foreseeable anyway.

aurelius
Grade A Asshole

Post by aurelius » Wed May 12, 2021 11:21 am

Whatever the science recommends.

Plus: I want to do my part to make sure we never go through this close down bullshit again.

SquatsALot

Post by SquatsALot » Wed May 12, 2021 11:23 am

I don't really understand the 'I don't want the vaccine position'. Like, people enjoy missing 3 days of work with the flu? And are totally down with missing 1-2 weeks of work if they have a moderate case of covid, just to avoid spending an hour to go get a jab in the arm?

People are way too focused on the death rate, not the 'this is actually a major convenience that this vax is available for me' aspect lol

mouse

Post by mouse » Wed May 12, 2021 11:58 am

SquatsALot wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:23 am I don't really understand the 'I don't want the vaccine position'. Like, people enjoy missing 3 days of work with the flu? And are totally down with missing 1-2 weeks of work if they have a moderate case of covid, just to avoid spending an hour to go get a jab in the arm?

People are way too focused on the death rate, not the 'this is actually a major convenience that this vax is available for me' aspect lol
I mean I got the flu shot once like... 8 years ago and have never since then.

I have only been sick enough with a suspected 'flu' to warrant going to the doc once in those 8 years and that was at the beginning of peak rona outbreak. I went figuring it was the flu but to get the rona test 'in case'. Docs didn't even bother checking for C19, gave me a flu test, and determined it was neither.

People who are TRULY against it, yeah I don't get... people that just don't really CARE if they get the shot or not... much more understandable lol.

I'll probably get the ronajection at some point based on my false hopes that it will speed up the world going to back to only mildly dumb... but yeah probably never again...

JonA

Post by JonA » Wed May 12, 2021 12:16 pm

mouse wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:58 am People who are TRULY against it, yeah I don't get... people that just don't really CARE if they get the shot or not... much more understandable lol.
If I only had a nickel for everything I should do, but don't, simply because of the minor inconvenience of it....

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Wed May 12, 2021 12:46 pm

SquatsALot wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:23 am I don't really understand the 'I don't want the vaccine position'. Like, people enjoy missing 3 days of work with the flu? And are totally down with missing 1-2 weeks of work if they have a moderate case of covid, just to avoid spending an hour to go get a jab in the arm?

The flu shot is a crap shoot. They pick two variants that they are guessing are the most likely problem strains for the upcoming flu season and make the vaccine to cover those TWO strains. If they guess correctly, you get some protection. If they guess wrong, you get some protection against something that isn't a threat. I'm not making that up. I don't suffer from the flu strains that make the rounds in the US or Canada, so it's a pointless jab for me (Except for the very real serious side effect risk - it's a low risk but you can get permanent neurological damage). If they mandat a "booster" for travel based on a known specific variant, that's different. I'd rather just let my body learn to cope with it in a natural manner if possible, it's not a serious physical threat to me like say, Mumps as an adult. I don't get taking every jab or pill offered without a little consideration and research. I would never take a statin drug either, I don't give a damn what my doctor thinks about cholesterol it can't be worse for me than a statin drug is. (Disclosure - I do not have cholesterol issues - at least so far in my life)

SquatsALot

Post by SquatsALot » Wed May 12, 2021 1:28 pm

Yeah, but those risks are like, infitessimal, and the flu sucks. lol I usually get mine, and I seem to have decent luck with it, though I still always catch a few nasty colds per year.

BenM

Post by BenM » Wed May 12, 2021 1:44 pm

I get the flu shot every year, provided by work, at work so it's zero inconvenience or cost.

I expect the COVID-19 vaccine to be rolled into that, so I said yearly, but I'll likely do whatever is recommended. I say likely because I haven't had a COVID-19 vaccine at all yet, and likely won't even be eligible for months and months yet, and I'm assuming that it doesn't turn me into a lizard person or something. If that happens all bets are off.

aurelius
Grade A Asshole

Post by aurelius » Wed May 12, 2021 1:49 pm

BenM wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:44 pm and I'm assuming that it doesn't turn me into a lizard person or something. If that happens all bets are off.
What if being a lizard person increased your total?

SquatsALot

Post by SquatsALot » Wed May 12, 2021 1:50 pm

My money is covid just becomes a flu variant in common parlance, the vaccine is rolled into the flu vaccine, we have prior exposure to the virus' future variants from this initial wave and round of vaccinations, etc etc

BenM

Post by BenM » Wed May 12, 2021 1:57 pm

aurelius wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:49 pm
BenM wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:44 pm and I'm assuming that it doesn't turn me into a lizard person or something. If that happens all bets are off.
What if being a lizard person increased your total?
Is this a trick question? I think we all know the answer.

Besides, I sunburn easily, scales would fix that too, right?

Laughter95

Post by Laughter95 » Wed May 12, 2021 2:05 pm