The OG Black 'n Gold Exodus Strength T-Shirt

This is the polite off topic forum. If you’re looking to talk smack and spew nonsense, keep moving along.

Moderators: mgil, chromoly

broseph
High Fiber

Re: T-shirts (and other stuff)

Post by broseph » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:45 am

Please clarify: Do you guys not want us to buy shirts right now or are you just saying “here’s why buying shirts is kinda messy?”

I definitely don’t want to put someone out by getting a t-shirt.

What Gilfchrest said about using D.A.D. makes sense.

chromoly
Magneto

MORE L and XL SHIRTS TO COME

Post by chromoly » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:53 am

broseph wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:45 am Please clarify: Do you guys not want us to buy shirts right now or are you just saying “here’s why buying shirts is kinda messy?”
To be clear: since I am going through the effort one last time, I WANT you to buy shirts. Please buy them! The more people repping the rad as fuck Exodus Strength shirt, the better.

What we are saying is that the current model of shirt selling is not sustainable for the amount of demand we are getting. Thusly, after this final run of the OG black 'n gold print, we are done doing it personally. In the future, we are going to outsource the labor, shipping, etc, to someone else. In other words, we are adapting to the times, and incorporating what we've learned about this process and moving forward with a smarter program.

slowmotion

Re: T-shirts (and other stuff)

Post by slowmotion » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:17 am

Thanks again, Nanette, for the two t-shirts I got. Very much appreciated!

chromoly
Magneto

MORE L and XL SHIRTS TO COME

Post by chromoly » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:54 am

You're welcome! I am happy to do this for my internet lifting friends.

But it's getting to be unsustainable because the demand is starting to exceed my capacity to do it in my spare time. That's why we're moving to another business model for the shirts.

Manveer
M3N4C3

Re: The OG Black 'n Gold Exodus Strength T-Shirt

Post by Manveer » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:11 am

I don’t know what the member count was when we first ran the shirts. 100? Now we are over 400. Wut.

I don’t think we expected to see this growth or that the demand for apparel would be as high as it is now. At least I didn’t. I was thinking we’d just run some shirts once a year to pay the bills. To reiterate, no one is making any money on this site, and there is no intention to change that.

Thanks @chromoly!

omaniphil

Re: MORE L and XL SHIRTS TO COME

Post by omaniphil » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:48 am

chromoly wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:38 pm Goddamnit you guys. I was about to write a post this morning, but then I got caught up at work and look there's 38472934 more posts.

Here's the deal. I have some XS, S, M, and XXL shirts left. I will be placing an order on Thursday for some more L and XL. Once these shirts are out, they are out. I am not doing another run with this print.

If you want a L or XL shirt, DM me* ASAP. I will be placing the order on Thursday.

There is some work in progress for new shirts with new designs. @Cody and @KoolaidMannn are working to design something different or the same or I don't even know. I am done with t-shirts after this run because I am moving and ain't nobody got time for that shit.

*I have a couple people down for some sizes. Y'all mentioned you were interested at some point or another... If you DMed me in the past two days, no need to send me your info and size again, but if you haven't written me recently, I already deleted your message and mailing address so pls send it to me again. @LexAnderson @Claudius @nitrox0400 @quark @ahpowerlifts and @ whoever the fuck else wants a t-shirt with the OG print and black 'n gold color scheme.

You're welcome.
Done

EricK
Marine Mammal

Post by EricK » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:02 am

Thank you @chromoly, @mgil, @Manveer, @KoolaidMannn, @unruhschuh and @Cody for all you guys have done and continue to do on a volunteer basis. The only downside to having a home gym that I can think of is that I can't explain to people what my shirt is about while lifting "insane" weights.

KoolaidMannn
ruff n tuff

Post by KoolaidMannn » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:58 pm

Yeah I will be talking to @sak when she gets home tomorrow about getting all this set up. Her company Doughnuts and Deadlifts, also has DNDL manufacturing where they print and fulfill for other companies. Would be pretty sweet to get set up with them.

Allentown
Likes Beer

Post by Allentown » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:04 am

EricK wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:02 am Thank you @chromoly, @mgil, @Manveer, @KoolaidMannn, @unruhschuh and @Cody for all you guys have done and continue to do on a volunteer basis. The only downside to having a home gym that I can think of is that I can't explain to people what my shirt is about while lifting "insane" weights.
+1.
Also, I kind of think it would be cool to do more raffles? (like to get some money for the Tribute event Pioneer is doing, for example, or other things?) and I'd be happy to help if I can, if a moderately online-illiterate person who has some free time can do anything. I'd even be willing to try and figure out how PayPal works...

mgil
Shitpostmaster General

Post by mgil » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:36 am

@Allentown, your offer is much appreciated.

What would be great is that if DNDL could set up the pipeline and we could make a deal where some of the proceeds go towards the Pioneer Fit Tribute and other lifting related charities.

Allentown
Likes Beer

Post by Allentown » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:54 am

mgil wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:36 am What would be great is that if DNDL could set up the pipeline and we could make a deal where some of the proceeds go towards the Pioneer Fit Tribute and other lifting related charities.
Yes, exactly. Here's how "internet dumb" I am- my thought was to email Pioneer, and get a price for a 10mm double suede single prong with the adjustability mod that... someone here?... came up with. Black w/the gold Exodus Strength on the back, "Support Those who Support You" on the inside in whatever color. Set up a GoFundMe, every $5 counts as an entry to win, with all money above the belt price going to the Tribute. Except I legit don't know how that stuff works.
Essentially, the only thing I'd be doing is getting the list of donations and picking the winner- and buying the belt? I don't know how GoFundMe works either.

mgil
Shitpostmaster General

Post by mgil » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:00 am

Allentown wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:54 am
mgil wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:36 am What would be great is that if DNDL could set up the pipeline and we could make a deal where some of the proceeds go towards the Pioneer Fit Tribute and other lifting related charities.
Yes, exactly. Here's how "internet dumb" I am- my thought was to email Pioneer, and get a price for a 10mm double suede single prong with the adjustability mod that... someone here?... came up with. Black w/the gold Exodus Strength on the back, "Support Those who Support You" on the inside in whatever color. Set up a GoFundMe, every $5 counts as an entry to win, with all money above the belt price going to the Tribute. Except I legit don't know how that stuff works.
@Cody will telepathically contact Matt to do that stuff!

Once the patent stuff regarding that belt is settled, I think this would be an excellent idea for a raffle type promo.

hsilman
✓ Registered User

Post by hsilman » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:48 am

Just want to say, if I haven't before, that my wife and I really like our Exodus shirts. They have a nice, clean design and the fabric chosen was really nice. I love the softer cotton blend.

Manveer
M3N4C3

Post by Manveer » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:49 am

hsilman wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:48 am Just want to say, if I haven't before, that my wife and I really like our Exodus shirts. They have a nice, clean design and the fabric chosen was really nice. I love the softer cotton blend.
We think it reflects the softness of our members, especially when it comes to lifting weights.

EricK
Marine Mammal

Post by EricK » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:14 am

Allentown wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:04 am
EricK wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:02 am Thank you chromoly, mgil, Manveer, KoolaidMannn, unruhschuh and Cody for all you guys have done and continue to do on a volunteer basis. The only downside to having a home gym that I can think of is that I can't explain to people what my shirt is about while lifting "insane" weights.
+1.
Also, I kind of think it would be cool to do more raffles? (like to get some money for the Tribute event Pioneer is doing, for example, or other things?) and I'd be happy to help if I can, if a moderately online-illiterate person who has some free time can do anything. I'd even be willing to try and figure out how PayPal works...
How could I forget @Chebass88?! I hate myself.

EricK
Marine Mammal

Post by EricK » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:16 am

Manveer wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:49 am
hsilman wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:48 am Just want to say, if I haven't before, that my wife and I really like our Exodus shirts. They have a nice, clean design and the fabric chosen was really nice. I love the softer cotton blend.
We think it reflects the softness of our members, especially when it comes to lifting weights.
After all, we're all just looking for permission to not work hard.

MattNeilsen

Post by MattNeilsen » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:13 pm

I just sent Nanette money last night for a shirt - looking forward to repping the black & gold.

chromoly
Magneto

Post by chromoly » Thu May 03, 2018 8:31 am

Hi everyone,

Y'all got 10 more hours to put in a request for a shirt of any particular size. I will be tallying the shirt sizes and starting the printing process after I get off work.

If you want XS, S, M, or XXL, I have these in stock and I will ship them on Saturday. If you want L or XL, I need to print them first! I expect to ship these out sometime next week or the following week, pending my schedule... I will be on the road May 8-12 so it might have to wait until May 14th.

THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE TO GET THE "rad as fuck" OG BLACK 'N GOLD EXODUS STRENGTH T-SHIRT. They will not be sold in this form ever again!!!

Yours in exile & strength,
Nanette

LexAnderson
small whoopie mouse

Post by LexAnderson » Thu May 03, 2018 8:38 am

I sent you a message for a L. I'm excited to see what you come out with next. Maybe a singlet? Deadlift socks?

chromoly
Magneto

Post by chromoly » Thu May 03, 2018 8:45 am

@LexAnderson received message! I definitely want a singlet and I'd also like bootie shorts and/or silkies. 🍑 But we'll see what there's demand for, etc.

For everyone who ordered t-shirt: I will check my Paypal and Venmo later today and send payment confirmations to everyone. It's been a busy week and I've just been ignoring every non-work related email 🙃