Eddy vs Thor is "Postponed"

Powerlifting, Olympic Weightlifting, Strongman, Highland Games

Moderator: Manveer

Hardartery

Eddy vs Thor is "Postponed"

Post by Hardartery » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:59 pm

LOL. Eddy can't fight. I feel bad for his injury, but am in no way surprised that he is the one pulling out. Maybe he makes it happen, I doubt by March, but that's gotta be annoying for Thor.

zappey1

Re: Eddy vs Thor is "Postponed"

Post by zappey1 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:05 pm

Hardartery wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:59 pm LOL. Eddy can't fight. I feel bad for his injury, but am in no way surprised that he is the one pulling out. Maybe he makes it happen, I doubt by March, but that's gotta be annoying for Thor.
I would be surprised IF it ever happens. Honestly I have been surprised no one backed out earlier. I wonder why he thinks March?

I saw Oberst wanted to take his place. I'm not sure if he was serious or not

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:29 pm

zappey1 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:05 pm
Hardartery wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:59 pm LOL. Eddy can't fight. I feel bad for his injury, but am in no way surprised that he is the one pulling out. Maybe he makes it happen, I doubt by March, but that's gotta be annoying for Thor.
I would be surprised IF it ever happens. Honestly I have been surprised no one backed out earlier. I wonder why he thinks March?

I think that's the doc's estimate on rehab, but I'm not sure. I have a hard timetaking Eddy seriously with this, and Oberst even less so.

MarkKO

Post by MarkKO » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:30 pm

The umoressik of I've gotten is that Thor is taking the fight seriously. It seems like he's preparing well. Not sure Eddie is doing the same, and I wouldn't be surprised if he realised that he's in for a painful night.

zappey1

Post by zappey1 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:29 pm

Hardartery wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:29 pm
zappey1 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:05 pm

I think that's the doc's estimate on rehab, but I'm not sure. I have a hard timetaking Eddy seriously with this, and Oberst even less so.
I watched the video of when he supposedly hurt it. IDK just seems crazy that you can detach a bicep like that. Right at 2 min (don't know how to time stamp)

zappey1

Post by zappey1 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:30 pm

MarkKO wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:30 pm The umoressik of I've gotten is that Thor is taking the fight seriously. It seems like he's preparing well. Not sure Eddie is doing the same, and I wouldn't be surprised if he realised that he's in for a painful night.
I think Eddie is taking the pay day seriously and Oberst even more so. Hell I would fight Thor of a million!

KevinMcGrath

Post by KevinMcGrath » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:49 pm

Muscle tears can happen much more easily to steroid users.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:30 pm

zappey1 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:30 pm
MarkKO wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:30 pm The umoressik of I've gotten is that Thor is taking the fight seriously. It seems like he's preparing well. Not sure Eddie is doing the same, and I wouldn't be surprised if he realised that he's in for a painful night.
I think Eddie is taking the pay day seriously and Oberst even more so. Hell I would fight Thor of a million!
I think the safer fight would be against Eddie. He looked useless in the clip where he tore his bicep tendon. If that's his actual fighting condition, he needed a postponement.

MarkKO

Post by MarkKO » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:27 am

zappey1 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:30 pm
So would I. A bar for 30 seconds of work is a hell of a deal

mouse

Post by mouse » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:58 am

KevinMcGrath wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:49 pm Muscle tears can happen much more easily to steroid users.
And in weird ways in general...

Seeing how he tore it didn't shock me... Looked like he was just wildly punching. Something something sudden forces *pop pop*.

Anyway, whatevs... dumb... if Oberst manages to talk his way in it will be a good challenge versus a boxing match...

houzi

Post by houzi » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:44 am

Apparently Pudz will be stepping in as a possible replacement. I guess he at least has done some MMA over the years.

SnakePlissken

Post by SnakePlissken » Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:36 am

houzi wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:44 am Apparently Pudz will be stepping in as a possible replacement. I guess he at least has done some MMA over the years.
Dude Thor would get obliterated haha. Pudz isn't the best, but Poland makes some seriously tough fighters so it's not a small pond there and he has over 10 years of experience at this point.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:10 am

houzi wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:44 am Apparently Pudz will be stepping in as a possible replacement. I guess he at least has done some MMA over the years.
It will never happen. Mariusz was an amateur boxer before Strongman, he has done MMA following Strongman, he's completely psycho as well. Technically one of his WSM titles was forfeited because he popped for coke. They test for virtually nothing at WSM, yet he managed to be on a banned substance. His real job was always for the Polish Mob anyway. So even though he's getting long in the tooth, he's dangerous and Thor is looking for a payday not a real fight.

GlasgowJock

Post by GlasgowJock » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:38 am

The whole thing's a farce, I'd pay to see Thor getting tuned up by Pudzian though.

SnakePlissken

Post by SnakePlissken » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:50 am

Hardartery wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:10 am
It will never happen. Mariusz was an amateur boxer before Strongman, he has done MMA following Strongman, he's completely psycho as well. Technically one of his WSM titles was forfeited because he popped for coke. They test for virtually nothing at WSM, yet he managed to be on a banned substance. His real job was always for the Polish Mob anyway. So even though he's getting long in the tooth, he's dangerous and Thor is looking for a payday not a real fight.
I feel like Thor and Pudzian would be like when Mayweather fought Tenshin. You're right that it will never happen because Pudzian probably doesn't know how to go 50% for a money match, but I'd pay to watch that.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:41 pm

SnakePlissken wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:50 am
I feel like Thor and Pudzian would be like when Mayweather fought Tenshin. You're right that it will never happen because Pudzian probably doesn't know how to go 50% for a money match, but I'd pay to watch that.
I don't think Mariusz has anything but 100%, he's binary like a cyborg. All in or not at all. Now Thor maybe beating on that Paul kid would be entertaining.

Daverin2112

Post by Daverin2112 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:18 pm

I am woefully unfamiliar with the full history of Pudzian (which is sad, cuz I still think he is one of the dopest strongmen ever.) What is this about the Polish Mob?

And yeah, a world class fighter he is not, but he'd absolutely clown anyone who isn't a trained fighter in a serious fight.

SnakePlissken

Post by SnakePlissken » Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:52 am

Daverin2112 wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:18 pm And yeah, a world class fighter he is not, but he'd absolutely clown anyone who isn't a trained fighter in a serious fight.
He's been in KSW (like the UFC of Poland) for about a decade now. He'd even clown some trained fighters and has. Actually started his career in boxing if I remember right and then got into Strongman.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:01 am

Daverin2112 wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:18 pm
I am woefully unfamiliar with the full history of Pudzian (which is sad, cuz I still think he is one of the dopest strongmen ever.) What is this about the Polish Mob?

And yeah, a world class fighter he is not, but he'd absolutely clown anyone who isn't a trained fighter in a serious fight.
Amateur boxer, turned Strongman. Really worked as an enforcer and drug dealer for the Polish mob, he and his brother had a "Furniture" business as a front. Got detained every single time he flew into the States, because he brought his PED kit with him. They caught him once, so he's on a list after that. And yet, according to one of the promoters I knew, he had to get bonded out for the comp every single time because he continued bringing his kit EVERY SINGLE TIME. After a while no one wanted to invite him because it was such a hassle to bond him out for the contest. There has been some more recent video of him with a bat dealing harshly with a truckload of refugees somewhere, I am told but have not looked for or seen. The guy is a psychopath.

Daverin2112

Post by Daverin2112 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:32 am

Well, that certainly seems to go hand in hand with his extreme drive... I always assumed Pudzian was intense, but that is something else.