Heavy Squat/Power Racks With Rubber Feet

Bands, chains, wraps, straps, racks... are you sure this is training related?

Moderators: mgil, Cody

hector

Heavy Squat/Power Racks With Rubber Feet

Post by hector » Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:04 pm

Will be moving soon and thinking it might be easier with current market to just sell my current rack for about what I bought it for and get a new rack sent to my new address.

I like the heavy rubber feet on the Rogue SM-1 Squat rack and the Rogue RM-390f power rack. Drilling into the floor to secure a rack, like with my current R3, will not be an option at the new place.

Are these rubber feet just a Rogue Monster thing? Does any other company do the same or better?

James

Re: Heavy Squat/Power Racks With Rubber Feet

Post by James » Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:57 am

The cheap bolt together one I got off amazon years ago has rubber feet. The bottom cross members extend past the front and back and on the back there's a cross bar that's wider than the rack so its really stable. The back also has plate pegs to weight it down.

They discontinued it unfortunately but I think the Titan T-2 is the same thing.

Edit:

https://www.titan.fitness/racks/power-r ... -RACK.html

Yeah its pretty much the same. Except mine is deeper.

murphyreedus

Post by murphyreedus » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:46 am

I've had a lot of success gluing pieces of rubber flooring onto the feet of benches and other equipment that I don't want to slide around on a concrete floor. Some have been on for several years and show no signs of peeling off, and if they ever do I'll just cut a new piece and glue it on. Seems like it would work well for power racks since they wouldn't be moved around nearly as much as a bench.

hector

Post by hector » Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:04 am

James wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:57 am The cheap bolt together one I got off amazon years ago has rubber feet. The bottom cross members extend past the front and back and on the back there's a cross bar that's wider than the rack so its really stable. The back also has plate pegs to weight it down.

They discontinued it unfortunately but I think the Titan T-2 is the same thing.

Edit:

https://www.titan.fitness/racks/power-r ... -RACK.html

Yeah its pretty much the same. Except mine is deeper.
Nice!!! Thank you!

hector

Post by hector » Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:05 am

murphyreedus wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:46 am I've had a lot of success gluing pieces of rubber flooring onto the feet of benches and other equipment that I don't want to slide around on a concrete floor. Some have been on for several years and show no signs of peeling off, and if they ever do I'll just cut a new piece and glue it on. Seems like it would work well for power racks since they wouldn't be moved around nearly as much as a bench.
Too easy.
That's a really good idea. Thank you!

Oldandfat

Post by Oldandfat » Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:38 pm

I used 2 x 6’s at the back of my rack to “anchor” it backwards, and at the front I used sand bags to prevent the rack from tipping on re racks.