Compression Pants/Shorts

Bands, chains, wraps, straps, racks... are you sure this is training related?

Moderators: mgil, Cody

Hardartery

Compression Pants/Shorts

Post by Hardartery » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:50 pm

I am looknig for suggestions. I have seen a bunch of guys wearing them recently, like Novikov and others. These are not the "Warm Pants" made from neoprene that are Strongman staples, these are different. I'm thinking they are a base layer or something. They look like the right sort of thing to be wearing to warmup DL and then be able to slip into the suit easily. Any suggestions?

MarkKO

Re: Compression Pants/Shorts

Post by MarkKO » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:29 am

Sounds like the stuff Under Armour has been selling for years. I did see Andy Huang post about the Virus brand, he rates them and he's no slouch.

psmith

Post by psmith » Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:55 am

I have the cheapo Dr Skins from Amazon for running in the cold. Never tried pulling a DL suit on over them, but the price is right and they've held up fine to miles of chub rub.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:25 am

psmith wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:55 am I have the cheapo Dr Skins from Amazon for running in the cold. Never tried pulling a DL suit on over them, but the price is right and they've held up fine to miles of chub rub.
My thinking is to be able to warm up and then pull on the suit without finding a change room or anything. Just pull it on over the pants that I've been training in. I don't know if it is acceptable to wear the things on their own or if they are going to get me arrested for public indecency. I also don't know if the slickness will hamper the effectiveness of the suit. I expect them to help get the suit on, like suit slippers do, but that might be bad once the suit is up.

MarkKO

Post by MarkKO » Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:23 pm

Hardartery wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:25 am
psmith wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:55 am I have the cheapo Dr Skins from Amazon for running in the cold. Never tried pulling a DL suit on over them, but the price is right and they've held up fine to miles of chub rub.
My thinking is to be able to warm up and then pull on the suit without finding a change room or anything. Just pull it on over the pants that I've been training in. I don't know if it is acceptable to wear the things on their own or if they are going to get me arrested for public indecency. I also don't know if the slickness will hamper the effectiveness of the suit. I expect them to help get the suit on, like suit slippers do, but that might be bad once the suit is up.
I'm pretty sure I've seen at least two equipped lifters wearing full tights under their suits, and they get under 1000 lbs with that so at a guess there wouldn't be many issues if any.

mouse

Post by mouse » Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:54 am

MarkKO wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:23 pm
Hardartery wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:25 am
I'm pretty sure I've seen at least two equipped lifters wearing full tights under their suits, and they get under 1000 lbs with that so at a guess there wouldn't be many issues if any.
Yeah while I can't personally say there would be no issues, this is a pretty popular tactic for getting on a deadlift suit. Not quite analogous but I have a pair of arm sleeves I use like this to get on my triple ply's in hot/humid weather...

+1 get some off Amazon before you drop serious cash on a pricier brand. I have a few pairs I use as a base layer for hunting and will usually cave and wear them for training during the winter months. I don't think I'd wear them out to a commercial gym or anything but they'd probably be fashionable this time of year with a good pair of Ugg boots...

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:46 am

mouse wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:54 am
Yeah while I can't personally say there would be no issues, this is a pretty popular tactic for getting on a deadlift suit. Not quite analogous but I have a pair of arm sleeves I use like this to get on my triple ply's in hot/humid weather...

+1 get some off Amazon before you drop serious cash on a pricier brand. I have a few pairs I use as a base layer for hunting and will usually cave and wear them for training during the winter months. I don't think I'd wear them out to a commercial gym or anything but they'd probably be fashionable this time of year with a good pair of Ugg boots...
I doubt the world is ready for me sporting that look, lol, I was just thinking it would be easier than finding a changeroom. Plus, you can't leave anything unattended in Central America and expect it to not get stolen, so I'd have to carry everything with me and risk losing my setup to another lifter while I change. I had somebody stealing plates between sets once or twice, because I wasn't standing right there blocking.