Tight calves -- massage gun recommendations?

Bands, chains, wraps, straps, racks... are you sure this is training related?

Moderators: mgil, Cody

asdf

Tight calves -- massage gun recommendations?

Post by asdf » Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:36 pm

Any recommends, pro or con, regarding massage guns?

I've checked all of the obvious review sites and the only consistent top pick is the Theragun $$$. Looking for something quiet and for home use. Lots of YouTube videos with positive reviews of the Mebak 3, which is the best seller on Amazon.

This will be a gift. The person I'm buying it for has chronically sore calves. Maybe a different type of device would be better?

Renascent
Desperado

Re: Tight calves -- massage gun recommendations?

Post by Renascent » Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:32 pm

asdf wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:36 pm Any recommends, pro or con, regarding massage guns?

I've checked all of the obvious review sites and the only consistent top pick is the Theragun $$$. Looking for something quiet and for home use. Lots of YouTube videos with positive reviews of the Mebak 3, which is the best seller on Amazon.

This will be a gift. The person I'm buying it for has chronically sore calves. Maybe a different type of device would be better?
Back when I used to go see someone for Graston work, I noticed they used a Hyperice Hypervolt.

No idea how it compares to other massage guns. I told myself at the time that I was gonna start collecting loose change in a jar to get my own one day. They might all be about the same, performance-wise, at a certain rpm, but I don't remember it being particularly quiet.

asdf

Re: Tight calves -- massage gun recommendations?

Post by asdf » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:58 pm

Renascent wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:32 pm Hyperice Hypervolt
Thanks. I'll check it out.