Pulley attachments

Bands, chains, wraps, straps, racks... are you sure this is training related?

Moderators: mgil, Cody

Allentown
Likes Beer

Pulley attachments

Post by Allentown » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:49 pm

Nearly done setting up a lat pull down+low pulley DIY thing. Now looking into attachments for it. Lat bar, triceps straps, and single handle are probably good, but I'm thinking something like
https://www.elitefts.com/american-multi ... hment.html
Might be better than a lat bar? I feel like I could probably do curls with it, low rows, a variety of grips on a lat pull down...

KOTJ
Superstar

Re: Pulley attachments

Post by KOTJ » Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:28 pm

I've never used an elitefts product I liked (lat pulldown/low row, SSB, plate loaded leg extension/curl).

I've used Rogue's multi grip for lat pulldowns. It was great. Black Widow TG also looks to have a nice one. Having an arch in the center is what I'd require for any of them, which Rogue and BW both have.

My home gym lat pulldown/low row attachments:

MAG grip neutral (medium and narrow), prone (medium),
and supinated (narrow). I avoided knockoffs because I saw reviews complain about finish wearing off quickly. Everything for my home gym is now buy it for life.

Vikingstrength tricep rope (Amazon). Great for back work and rear delts via reverse flyes (push hands through straps so wrists/forearm bear weight), and obviously you can do tricep work

Ankle/foot straps (laying leg curl), but moreso for cable attachment inside, for adductor and abductor work.

I don't use a standard lat bar because it fucks with my shoulder. I have a single handle that I also don't use, and one of those pyramid shaped two handed pieces of shit.

James

Post by James » Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:03 am

For a neutral grip handle I put an eye bolt in 4x4s at different lengths till I found one that felt comfortable.

Allentown
Likes Beer

Post by Allentown » Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:31 am

The center arch is a good tip. I don't love straight bar pull down bars either, it tends to hurt my elbow. And not sure there are enough other uses for a straight lat bar to make it worth buying.
James wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:03 am For a neutral grip handle I put an eye bolt in 4x4s at different lengths till I found one that felt comfortable.
As in, you just held on the ends of the 4x4?

The Maxagrip attachments look really good, at a reasonable price.

I havent fully figured out how I'm going to replicate a thigh pad for lat pull downs, but the medium grip neutral MAG is probably the winner so far once I buy.

James

Post by James » Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:56 am

Yeah just grabbed on to the ends. Palms on the ends fingers over the top.

I've also tried two pelican hooks I borrowed from work connected with a chain and it worked well but my set up isn't tall enough to accommodate the connecting chain.