RUS vs URK how long? (redux)

This is the polite off topic forum. If you’re looking to talk smack and spew nonsense, keep moving along.

Moderators: mgil, chromoly

How long before Russia is defeated?

1 week
13%
1 - 3 weeks
No votes
3 - 6 weeks
25%
never, glory to Putler !
63%

Total votes: 8

mbasic

RUS vs URK how long? (redux)

Post by mbasic » Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:58 pm

A lot of "people" are saying we are getting close to the end of this mess?
I'm not so sure ....

GlasgowJock

Re: RUS vs URK how long? (redux)

Post by GlasgowJock » Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:17 pm

Not a chance.

The Ukrainians will consolidate reclaimed land while the Russians dig in over the winter and be placed in the ironical position that Napoleon and Hitler's armies found themselves in.

Come the spring the Ukes will uncover thousands of corpses due to the extraordinarily poor Russian logistics chain and the complete absence of appropriate cold weather clothing. I've seen numerous images of Russian PoW in trainers.

They have 100'000s of Eastern Russians to expend yet.

quikky

Post by quikky » Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:08 pm

Bit of an odd poll. Why are the choices up to 6 weeks or never? Also, if you think it is 3 weeks, do you pick 1-3, or 3-6?

Come on, @mbasic, YNDTP.

Hiphopapotamus

Post by Hiphopapotamus » Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:37 pm

I would guess 6-12 months if the poll allowed so... never?

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:07 pm

GlasgowJock wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:17 pm Not a chance.

The Ukrainians will consolidate reclaimed land while the Russians dig in over the winter and be placed in the ironical position that Napoleon and Hitler's armies found themselves in.

Come the spring the Ukes will uncover thousands of corpses due to the extraordinarily poor Russian logistics chain and the complete absence of appropriate cold weather clothing. I've seen numerous images of Russian PoW in trainers.

They have 100'000s of Eastern Russians to expend yet.
I think you are bang on with that. The current Eastern counteroffensive seems to largely have the aim of disrupting the ability of Russia to transport by rail. Starve them out or freeze them out. Either way, the Russians seem to be running away from what supllies and ammo they still have.

omaniphil

Post by omaniphil » Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:19 pm

I selected 3-6. At least i think Ukraine will get back all the land that Russia has overtaken since Feb 24 in that time frame. Crimea and the LNR/DNR, might hold out a little longer, but i think Ukraine gets those territories back by the end of the year.

I think things are going to fall apart pretty fast for the Russians. There's already talk of the entire Russian force West of the Dniper in negotiations with the UAF to surrender. There's also likely to be another offensive, probably in the next few days to a week that will go from Vuhledar near Donetsk all the way down to Mariupol. Once that happens, they'll likely be able to easily push them out from Zaporhizia and Kherson. Russia has also reportedly decided not to send any more combat brigades to Ukraine. This will be over soon.

mbasic

Post by mbasic » Tue Sep 13, 2022 4:51 am

quikky wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:08 pm Bit of an odd poll. Why are the choices up to 6 weeks or never? Also, if you think it is 3 weeks, do you pick 1-3, or 3-6?

Come on, mbasic, YNDTP.
I wouldn't worry about the structure of the poll. Its more and less just a formality. I'd rather hear from individuals in their individual responses and rationale .... and then we/I can troll people down the road when theiy're right or wrong. The anonymous nature of the poll-post doesn't work for this.
(if we have a thousand active) posters here it would)
Just give us your opinion.

If you listen to the media ....we are down to weeks. I think 3-6 months. Man, if this thing goes for a year and they lose 100K troops !?!?!?!

I don't know, the media and reporting agencies are painting a pretty bleak picture for the russian troops.
Desertions .... abandoning even more equipment now, faster .... than the 1st wave of abandoned equipment.

From what I understand, the Soviets left a lot of shit behind in Afghanistan .... maybe that didn't hurt so much, as that shit hole (at the time) have little in the way of tech / industry to refurbuish, maintain, and train with hardware like tanks and artillery.

UKR is a whole 'nother story. I get the impression they were/are running a lot of the same gear, and of course a full industrialized 1st world country.

JonA

Post by JonA » Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:09 am

You forgot the option were Russia gets beat, retreats, then funds terrorist "freedom fighters" in the formerly occupied territories for the next 10 20 40 years.