Moderator: Manveer

Hardartery

Rogue Invitational 2022

Post by Hardartery » Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:47 pm

Tower of Power DL
Pavlo N 1st
Trey Mitchell 2nd
Licis and Novikov tie 3rd

Event changed to 18" and 900 lbs. No suits.

Hardartery

Re: Rogue Invitational 2022

Post by Hardartery » Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:04 pm

Cyr DB Ladder
Novikov 1st
Trey Mitchell 2nd
Licis or Kearney third. They both got the same DB but I don't know if it goes by time or they just tie.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:13 pm

Husafeldt Sandbag
Hooper 1st
Novikov 2nd
Pavlo N 3rd

That puts Novikov in the lead. Mitchell in 2nd, Pavlo N in 3rd, Hooper up to 4th.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:46 am

Rogue-a-coaster
Licis 1st
Pavlo N 2nd
Novikov 3rd

Correction to yesterday's final standings, they adjusted something and Licis was in third overall by half a point over Pavlo N. Novikov is extending his lead today.
Kearney made a huge tactical mistake on what would have been a terrible event for him either way. Kearney needs a coach if he's going to step up, he needs an outside voice helping him with game day decisions because he is bad at them.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:51 pm

Yoke/Log Lift Medley
Hooper 1st - by quite a lot
Boudreault 2nd
Thompson 3rd
Novikov 4th

Licis blew up on this one and DNF'd on the press. Pavlo N got crushed and finished at the bottom. Novikov extends his lead going into the final event. Gonna be hard to catch but not impossible. Hooper was retarded on this event though. He was done in less time than most guys needed for the Yoke.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:03 pm

Just to note, I don't know if he will say it on his channel or not, but it looked pretty clear to me that Licis bottomed out his BP on the Press. It looked like he almost passed out completely. He appears heavier than previously, carrying more belly fat, which plays into it. He might have avoided that by stopping at the top of the clean on each rep and getting a couple of breaths, that lets the BP level out after the Clean so you don't totally bottom out on the Press. It costs some time, but a slightly slower time is better than not getting the last rep. It's tough in the moment though, under pressure to chase for the win makes you make the wrong decision sometimes. He also should probably lose the hard belt for the Clean and Press portion if he wants to stay at this weight, the soft belt is enough support and it helps back off the BP.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:25 pm

Stones
Mitchell 1st
Hooper 2nd
Novikov 3rd

Licis hurt, only got three stones. Novikov wins overall. Good showing by Mitchell and Hooper.

SnakePlissken

Post by SnakePlissken » Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:29 am

I was busy this weekend but watched this whole thing yesterday (before reading these posts) and this was one of the better strongman comps to watch. Nobody absolutely dominated the comp and the events are really separating some people from the others based on the events. It gets kinda boring when 1 person just steam rolls and wins 4-5/6 events.

Pavlo pulling 12 reps at 900lbs (even at the knee) was insane to me
Martins going beast on the roller coaster in like half a minute after doing badly on the Cyr DBs
The 30 some second Yoke with 3 logs shouldn't be humanly possible
and the best runs of the stones made them look like medicine balls

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:03 am

SnakePlissken wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:29 am I was busy this weekend but watched this whole thing yesterday (before reading these posts) and this was one of the better strongman comps to watch. Nobody absolutely dominated the comp and the events are really separating some people from the others based on the events. It gets kinda boring when 1 person just steam rolls and wins 4-5/6 events.

Pavlo pulling 12 reps at 900lbs (even at the knee) was insane to me
Martins going beast on the roller coaster in like half a minute after doing badly on the Cyr DBs
The 30 some second Yoke with 3 logs shouldn't be humanly possible
and the best runs of the stones made them look like medicine balls
Considering that almost no one got all the stones last year, this year was nuts on those. Hooper is lightning, he also got the new record on Dinnie Stones in the Record Breakers (Right after Faires broke it by a lot he beat Faires by like 3 seconds).
The amazing thing to me on the DL was not the reps or the weight, it was that they did it on that implement. Having the weight hanging makes the bar really difficult to deal with. That was MUCH harder than it looked. I have pulled similar weight from 18" on a Car DL for 11 reps, no chance of me ever doing that on that apparatus. That was a balls out beast move get 12. The guy is all brute force.

mouse

Post by mouse » Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:30 am

Hardartery wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:03 am The amazing thing to me on the DL was not the reps or the weight, it was that they did it on that implement.
Member back when people were bitching that Rogue would ruin strongman and everything would be standardized like in powerlifting?

Oh I member...

SnakePlissken

Post by SnakePlissken » Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:52 am

mouse wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:30 am
Hardartery wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:03 am The amazing thing to me on the DL was not the reps or the weight, it was that they did it on that implement.
Member back when people were bitching that Rogue would ruin strongman and everything would be standardized like in powerlifting?

Oh I member...
If WSM could at least post the events within days....months....or a few years of actually doing the event maybe. Rogue makes it all live feed and the events are more strength based. Won't even mention the leaked tapes about WSM promoting the Stoltmans to win either. It feels rigged.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:54 am

Oh I member...
I didn't like Rogue much originally, when it seemed to be just Crossfit stuff. They have grown on me quite a bit.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:57 am

SnakePlissken wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:52 am

Oh I member...
If WSM could at least post the events within days....months....or a few years of actually doing the event maybe. Rogue makes it all live feed and the events are more strength based. Won't even mention the leaked tapes about WSM promoting the Stoltmans to win either. It feels rigged.
WSM is a British Based TV show. They make it to be consumed by the UK audience at Christmas. End of story. That is the entire scope of the program since CBS sold it. They are looking to do things with Giants Live, which is supposed to be the feeder series to qualify, sort of, maybe, so they say but don't really do.....Those comps are streamed live, for a price, through Facebook. So, even if I was willing to pay it does me no good becasue I don't have Facebook and am never getting it. Ever. I think you can see a theme to their approach to things, and how it may differ from an intelligent approach...

mouse

Post by mouse » Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:16 pm

Hardartery wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:54 am

Oh I member...
I didn't like Rogue much originally, when it seemed to be just Crossfit stuff. They have grown on me quite a bit.
I was glad they'd bring the money, I'm ecstatic they brought the audience, and I'm over the moon that they are bringing the over the top events...

Hell they're even making those 2% body fat crossfit bois and girls hit max log now hahaha

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:24 pm

mouse wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:16 pm

Oh I member...
I was glad they'd bring the money, I'm ecstatic they brought the audience, and I'm over the moon that they are bringing the over the top events...

Hell they're even making those 2% body fat crossfit bois and girls hit max log now hahaha
Having now seen some of the documentaries they put out and gotten a better handle an what the management is really about, I am starting to be very pro Rogue. I have some of their equipment, and am open to buying some in the future specifically because they are going to use some of that money to give me stuff I like for free like streaming the Invitational.

MarkKO

Post by MarkKO » Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:04 pm

Hardartery wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:24 pm
mouse wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:16 pm

Oh I member...

Having now seen some of the documentaries they put out and gotten a better handle an what the management is really about, I am starting to be very pro Rogue. I have some of their equipment, and am open to buying some in the future specifically because they are going to use some of that money to give me stuff I like for free like streaming the Invitational.
I like their equipment mostly. They're pricey here in Aus, but not prohibitively so and the quality justifies it. They seem intent on making strength sports work as entertainment, and I like that very much.

mouse

Post by mouse » Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:59 am

Honest to God there have been a couple times where I sat around at work weighing whether it would be worth it to move my family to Columbus when they do their hiring sprees...

They seem like a pretty decent company to work for.

MarkKO

Post by MarkKO » Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:15 am

mouse wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:59 am Honest to God there have been a couple times where I sat around at work weighing whether it would be worth it to move my family to Columbus when they do their hiring sprees...

Why is it so many strength related things seem to come out of Columbus?

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:33 pm

MarkKO wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:15 am
mouse wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:59 am Honest to God there have been a couple times where I sat around at work weighing whether it would be worth it to move my family to Columbus when they do their hiring sprees...

There's nothing else to do there except freeze to death?

MarkKO

Post by MarkKO » Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:37 pm

Hardartery wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:33 pm
MarkKO wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:15 am

There's nothing else to do there except freeze to death?
I guess? I've never been