Evolve AI

All training and programming related queries and banter here

Moderators: mgil, chromoly, Manveer

gtl

Re: Evolve AI

Post by gtl » Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:08 am

Gustafson wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:40 pm
gtl wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:05 am
Cleverusername wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:02 pm Can you adjust deload frequency? JugAI had me deloading every fourth week which seemed way to frequent.
I think you can just skip that week and it'll move you on to the next week (week 1 of new block). I'm not sure if it makes any adjustments to the next week by skipping the deload or not though.

With that said, I stopped using EvolveAI for a couple different reasons
* I didn't like the "split". 5 days a week was pretty much an upper/lower with 3 lowers and 2 uppers.
* I didn't like the low volume on main lifts (1-3 sets) with a bunch of accessories @ 4x10-15
* The AI didn't seem to really be doing much -- maybe it needs more time to learn, or they are still working out the kinks. Either way, I felt like I could do better on my own.

1-3 sets on the main lifts? It's been giving me a top set on primary SQ/DL/BP and 5 drop sets on SQ, 4 sets on DL and 6 sets on BP. Had to adjust the volume on DL. Also on the readiness survey before each day if you tell it to give you more volume it will.
Yeah, I started rating readiness at 4 or 5 to get an additional set, but was still nowhere near 4-6 sets.

CheekiBreekiFitness

Post by CheekiBreekiFitness » Sat Dec 24, 2022 3:29 am

Actually what would be really neat would be if one could talk to the AI (chatGPT style) to guide it. Like "I do not like the split, can you make it an upper/lower ?" and such.

Gustafson

Post by Gustafson » Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:04 am

gtl wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 2:08 am
Gustafson wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:40 pm
gtl wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:05 am
Cleverusername wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:02 pm Can you adjust deload frequency? JugAI had me deloading every fourth week which seemed way to frequent.
I think you can just skip that week and it'll move you on to the next week (week 1 of new block). I'm not sure if it makes any adjustments to the next week by skipping the deload or not though.

With that said, I stopped using EvolveAI for a couple different reasons
* I didn't like the "split". 5 days a week was pretty much an upper/lower with 3 lowers and 2 uppers.
* I didn't like the low volume on main lifts (1-3 sets) with a bunch of accessories @ 4x10-15
* The AI didn't seem to really be doing much -- maybe it needs more time to learn, or they are still working out the kinks. Either way, I felt like I could do better on my own.

1-3 sets on the main lifts? It's been giving me a top set on primary SQ/DL/BP and 5 drop sets on SQ, 4 sets on DL and 6 sets on BP. Had to adjust the volume on DL. Also on the readiness survey before each day if you tell it to give you more volume it will.
Yeah, I started rating readiness at 4 or 5 to get an additional set, but was still nowhere near 4-6 sets.

Wow. That's crazy. I saw a recent video from Basement Brandon and his volume was really high!

So far I'm happy with it. I never used juggernaut ai. I felt like Evolve was a good deal for 130 a year