2022 Black Friday deals

Bands, chains, wraps, straps, racks... are you sure this is training related?

Moderators: mgil, Cody

augeleven

2022 Black Friday deals

Post by augeleven » Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:10 pm

Just got an email from EliteFTS saying their cambered neutral grip bar is 215$. Checked the website, it might be an email list only deal?

That would make it cheaper than the titan knockoff

Skander

Re: 2022 Black Friday deals

Post by Skander » Tue Nov 08, 2022 7:40 am

I should keep an eye out for bar speed trackers going on sale... I have basically everything else one could want given my space constraints.

FredM

Post by FredM » Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:33 am

augeleven wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:10 pm Just got an email from EliteFTS saying their cambered neutral grip bar is 215$. Checked the website, it might be an email list only deal?

It's been that price ($100 off) for a good month. I pulled the trigger the first price drop and I've LP'ed it once per week (fahves, of course). Love the thing. Pretty sure it contributed to my bench being in PR territory so quickly. Also just pull it off the rack and drop it on the safety arms and superset rows.

I was going to go for Rep near BF but decided having made in America for the price of Titan was too good to pass up. I'm glad I did because I like the second widest grip width a lot and with this bar I can still take advantage of the camber there. The widest grip width feels really off, and it's only a few inches wider total than the width you have to use the Rep bar at to get the ROM.

I'm guessing they're updating it soon. I wasn't patient enough to wait though.

quikky

Post by quikky » Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:01 am

FredM wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:33 am
augeleven wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:10 pm Just got an email from EliteFTS saying their cambered neutral grip bar is 215$. Checked the website, it might be an email list only deal?

It's been that price ($100 off) for a good month. I pulled the trigger the first price drop and I've LP'ed it once per week (fahves, of course). Love the thing. Pretty sure it contributed to my bench being in PR territory so quickly. Also just pull it off the rack and drop it on the safety arms and superset rows.

I was going to go for Rep near BF but decided having made in America for the price of Titan was too good to pass up. I'm glad I did because I like the second widest grip width a lot and with this bar I can still take advantage of the camber there. The widest grip width feels really off, and it's only a few inches wider total than the width you have to use the Rep bar at to get the ROM.

I'm guessing they're updating it soon. I wasn't patient enough to wait though.
Did you end up using spring collars for it? One thing I am not a fan of is it seems like it has a non-standard sleeve diameter, so regular collars do not work.

FredM

Post by FredM » Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:38 pm

quikky wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 11:01 am
Did you end up using spring collars for it? One thing I am not a fan of is it seems like it has a non-standard sleeve diameter, so regular collars do not work.
I usually don't use collars on bench movements. My strength co plates barely move and I bought Rogue lb change plates (10 lbs) which act like collars even on this bar when I have them (usually do).

That said, my HG 2.0 collars fit regular bars and are just tight enough on this and my SSB that they keep things in place without the need for specialty collars. I used to be mad at myself for buying them over Rogue USA aluminum collars after seeing how much they move on deadlifts but now that I own specialty bars I'm glad I didn't know there was a difference because they're very useful.

leprechaun71

Post by leprechaun71 » Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:21 am

Add coupon code "tabletalk" for an additional 10% off. For $207 with tax, I couldn't resist.

FredM

Post by FredM » Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:45 am

leprechaun71 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 5:21 am Add coupon code "tabletalk" for an additional 10% off. For $207 with tax, I couldn't resist.
What a freaking steal. I guess $23 isn't a bad price to pay for not having the patience to wait for BF. Usually when I screw up like that it's $100.

Everyone should be buying it right now at that price and if you don't use it selling it next year for more than you paid.

gtl

Post by gtl » Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:53 am

Bells of Steel Arch Nemesis bar is on sale $170 shipped or if you're local to pickup (Indy) $133.61

murphyreedus

Post by murphyreedus » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:16 am

I'm watching for an open trap bar deal. Titan teased that theirs was coming out this month, but haven't seen anything further on it yet.

A good deal on the Powertec leg press might tempt me, too, but I still have no idea how I'd fit it in the gym.

gtl

Post by gtl » Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:44 am

murphyreedus wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:16 am I'm watching for an open trap bar deal. Titan teased that theirs was coming out this month, but haven't seen anything further on it yet.
Same but idk that I want to be an early adopter of anything v1 of Titan. Rep might go on sale. But I don't Iike the stupid wide handles.

murphyreedus

Post by murphyreedus » Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:21 pm

gtl wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:44 am
murphyreedus wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:16 am I'm watching for an open trap bar deal. Titan teased that theirs was coming out this month, but haven't seen anything further on it yet.
Same but idk that I want to be an early adopter of anything v1 of Titan. Rep might go on sale. But I don't Iike the stupid wide handles.
I put Titan and Rep about equal these days. Neither one can seem to bring in a v1 product without flaws. Maybe Rep's bar will look more attractive with more handle options, but right now it doesn't do much for me.

This one looks like it might be an option, but then it's got rotating handles...

https://giantlifting.com/products/open- ... thland-bar

leprechaun71

Post by leprechaun71 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:17 pm

murphyreedus wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:16 am A good deal on the Powertec leg press might tempt me, too, but I still have no idea how I'd fit it in the gym.
Powertec have 15% off site wide right now.

murphyreedus

Post by murphyreedus » Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:28 pm

leprechaun71 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:17 pm
murphyreedus wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:16 am A good deal on the Powertec leg press might tempt me, too, but I still have no idea how I'd fit it in the gym.
Powertec have 15% off site wide right now.
Yeah, that's probably the lowest it'll be, too, but not low enough to get me to bite.

gtl

Post by gtl » Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:00 am

murphyreedus wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:21 pm
I put Titan and Rep about equal these days. Neither one can seem to bring in a v1 product without flaws. Maybe Rep's bar will look more attractive with more handle options, but right now it doesn't do much for me.

This one looks like it might be an option, but then it's got rotating handles...

Yeah, I've had my eye on that one, too. Looks to be back ordered right now, but $300 plus shipping isn't really a great value compared to the Rep trap bar at $400 shipped. Both of them have "issues" with the handles IMO. Although I heard Giant Lifting did send out some replacement fixed handles to some people.

gtl

Post by gtl » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:07 pm

gtl wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 3:00 am

Yeah, I've had my eye on that one, too. Looks to be back ordered right now, but $300 plus shipping isn't really a great value compared to the Rep trap bar at $400 shipped. Both of them have "issues" with the handles IMO. Although I heard Giant Lifting did send out some replacement fixed handles to some people.
Rep "released" their new handles, which means you'll get them in 2 months.

FredM

Post by FredM » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:09 pm

I tried to checkout with the Rep Open Trap Bar with "Normal" handles (ships 1/15) within 10 min of getting the email. The 10% coupon code worked at checkout but as I pressed pay it reset and claimed the coupon code was no longer valid.

$360 for their trap bar with normal (25") spaced handles was such a good deal. I'm jealous of the people that were faster than me. I don't even want a trap bar that badly but if it goes on sale again before Xmas I'll buy. I'd love to use it for farmers carries and split squats and might even try "deadlifting" regularly again if it's with a trap bar.

They also offer "narrow" and "rotating" handle options as choices now. Seems they finally rolled out the "fix" to the only real problem people had with this.

gtl

Post by gtl » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:19 pm

FredM wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:09 pm

I tried to checkout with the Rep Open Trap Bar with "Normal" handles (ships 1/15) within 10 min of getting the email. The 10% coupon code worked at checkout but as I pressed pay it reset and claimed the coupon code was no longer valid.

$360 for their trap bar with normal (25") spaced handles was such a good deal. I'm jealous of the people that were faster than me. I don't even want a trap bar that badly but if it goes on sale again before Xmas I'll buy. I'd love to use it for farmers carries and split squats and might even try "deadlifting" regularly again if it's with a trap bar.

They also offer "narrow" and "rotating" handle options as choices now. Seems they finally rolled out the "fix" to the only real problem people had with this.
That sucks. Seems like it was a super limited quantity.

Yeah, I'm hoping they do a 10% off Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale that isn't product specific, but my gut says they won't. And if they did, it'll be backordered forever.

murphyreedus

Post by murphyreedus » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:05 pm

gtl wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:19 pm

That sucks. Seems like it was a super limited quantity.

Yeah, I'm hoping they do a 10% off Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale that isn't product specific, but my gut says they won't. And if they did, it'll be backordered forever.
I didn't even see the sale until I saw it mentioned here. I don't like playing the "here's this limited quantity deal" crap that Rep is pulling anyway, especially for a measly 10% off.

The Giant bar also got an update:
GiantLifting wrote:*New update- Due to customer feedback- we changed our handles to fully knurled, fixed (non-rotating), and more aggressive volcano knurling on all new production. All pre-orders will feature these new handle additions.

gtl

Post by gtl » Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:15 am

murphyreedus wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:05 pm
gtl wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:19 pm
The Giant bar also got an update:
GiantLifting wrote:*New update- Due to customer feedback- we changed our handles to fully knurled, fixed (non-rotating), and more aggressive volcano knurling on all new production. All pre-orders will feature these new handle additions.
I wonder if they'll discount it at all for Black Friday. I need it to be closer to $250-275 shipped..

quikky

Post by quikky » Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:17 am

Do you guys just use trap bars for variety's sake? Seems you can do DLs, DL variations, and split/lunge type of work with them, but you can also do all that with a regular bar. Main thing I can think of is doing more quad-biased type of DL work, either with a deficit, or even trying to use squat wedges and such.

Is there something you like uniquely about the trap bars? I am mildly interested in them but kind of not sure if they're really worth it for me, especially considering they can be a bit chunky to store.