WSM 2023

Powerlifting, Olympic Weightlifting, Strongman, Highland Games

Moderator: Manveer

Hardartery

Re: WSM 2023

Post by Hardartery » Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:00 am

Hooper won the Bus Pull, Novikov had a "Bad" time, but the times were all fast and ridiculous. Singleton and Tom Stoltman apparently had exactly the same time somehow. Hooper is on cruise, he doesn't have to do much to win with one event to go. The only real question is who gets third, and Novikov seems off of his game a little.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:55 pm

Hooper wins WSM. He is at least top three on the stones, Novikov is 3rd and Stoltman is 2nd. Canada's first WSM.

GlasgowJock

Post by GlasgowJock » Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:26 pm

I think measuring the bus sprint with something less antiquated than a bloke manually clicking his stop watch needs to be a work on point for next year.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:12 pm

GlasgowJock wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:26 pm I think measuring the bus sprint with something less antiquated than a bloke manually clicking his stop watch needs to be a work on point for next year.
As long as it's consistent I don't see how it matters, honestly. The guys on the stop watches are going to run the same reaction time for each athlete, and frankly no one is moving all that fast anyway. I doubt that anyone is picking up an unfair placing which is all that matters, and they allow appeals now so if someone thinks that they got robbed it can be re-timed via recorded footage. The reality is that the time starts with the whistle anyway, which may or may not be all that close to breaking the plane with something.

mouse

Post by mouse » Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:33 am

GlasgowJock wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:26 pm I think measuring the bus sprint with something less antiquated than a bloke manually clicking his stop watch needs to be a work on point for next year.
The hell you talkin about this is WSM not the NFL...

They can't even get two judges to watch the dudes feet on the shield carry...

As usual... I was wrong on my call.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:36 am

mouse wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:33 am
The hell you talkin about this is WSM not the NFL...

They can't even get two judges to watch the dudes feet on the shield carry...

As usual... I was wrong on my call.
Meh, Novikov should have pulled it out but he seemed off. Yeah, he won the heat with almost no effort, but he didn't seem to be 100%. I think he's still carrying a bunch of little nagging problems that need some rest to resolve and probably go and train with someone that can push him for a few months after that. The events were all very much pro Tom Stoltman except the DB, and the fact that he didn't win the DB is an indication of him being off.