I'm not saying it was aliens...

This is the polite off topic forum. If you’re looking to talk smack and spew nonsense, keep moving along.

Moderators: mgil, chromoly

murphyreedus

I'm not saying it was aliens...

Post by murphyreedus » Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:08 am

Anyone following the congressional hearing on UAPs?

It's cool to see credentialed, credible people testifying before Congress. Still waiting for some kind of conclusive evidence, vs "I talked to a guy who knew a guy who worked the UAP recovery program" type of stuff (or vague "I can't discuss that in a public setting" answers), but still really interesting.

hector

Re: I'm not saying it was aliens...

Post by hector » Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:13 pm

I think this is awesome.
Congress put out legislation nullifying the NDAs of any workers who might know anything.
I agree with you, hopefully something more substantive pans out.

murphyreedus

Post by murphyreedus » Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:54 pm

I suspect Congress at present is probably more concerned with misappropriation of funds and lack of oversight (respect my authoritah!) than finding out if it's aliens/undersea octopus people/deep state/foreign spy technology, but it was nice to feel like there was strong bi-partisan support happening on something for once.

I also think that the 3 witnesses complemented each other well. Grusch comes off as a little off-putting sometimes, but is really central to the whole thing right now. Graves brought a different perspective with the safety and under-reporting side of things (if this is some domestic program, why are they testing it so close to our military aircraft without any kind of disclosure? If it's some foreign thing, why aren't our intelligence guys more concerned?) Fravor brought the real world, saw-it-with-my-own-eyes testimony, along with the confidence that comes naturally to a guy entrusted with commanding a squadron of expensive fighters.

I truly have no idea what to think. I've never had a personal experience with any kind of UFO or other unexplained phenomenon, and I tend to be very skeptical. At the same time, I can't deny the stuff that's come out, like the tick tack video, and the guy who witnessed it stating under oath that it's nothing we humans can build.

Let's hope the truth is out there, or whatever.

aurelius
Grade A Asshole

Post by aurelius » Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:52 am

Just a reminder as you bring up misappropriation of funds:

In 1990 Congress passed a law that stated all departments must pass an audit. All Federal agencies have complied. With the exception of the Department of Defense. The DoD has yet to pass an audit.