Golfer's Elbow

All training and programming related queries and banter here

Moderators: mgil, chromoly, Manveer

Hardartery

Re: Golfer's Elbow

Post by Hardartery » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:51 pm

Update. Watched the video, tried the stuff, got some short term feedback from the arm. Stretching made it feel great, by which I mean using the red band more diligently to open up the shoulders and let them rotate more freely which means I use it to pull my hands backwards like a reverse fly. Pain stopped, like flipping a switch. However, I also tried the wide grip ala Señor Carter and both forearms seem to have an extremely negative opinion on that move. The normal pointers on the rings grip was way better as far as not pissing off the the problem area. This was a surprise. For those that have not seen it in my training log I will link a squat double from today, I have left in the setup at the beginning the demonstrate my dance to get under the bar. I don't consider it low bar, but also not high bar, and I am by no means squeezing the bar at any point.

aurelius
Grade A Asshole

Post by aurelius » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:20 pm

I think this is n=1 that you will have to work through. A lot of good suggestions have already been posted.

I have dealt with tendonitis in both forearms/elbows for years. It is something I constantly manage. Things that have helped:
--performing high bar instead of low bar squat
--wearing compression sleeves on my arms
--performing neutral grip versions of pulling exercises
--using straps on pulling movements
--adding sets of wrist curls/extensions and weighted wrist rotations every week
--performing machine version of exercises

I do any and all of that depending on how my forearms feel. Good luck!

Bolder

Post by Bolder » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:51 am

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:03 pm

It occurred to me today that I was in fact diagnosed with microtears to the ulnar tendon and a torn ulnar nerve in the past. I did that doing Farmer's Walk at a contest in Boston. I don't know how much that plays into this.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:56 pm

Update. Ran into a PT on site on a project and she did an exam. I do not have Golfer's Elbow, the Myochondral pain is secondary to the issue and there is no tendon issue at all. It's muscular in nature, as in my triceps is the issue where it connects across the back of the elbow. She could make something click in there. I was told to eat more protein (Okay, already low carb but okay) and wear a compression sleeve when I'm doing stuff for a while until it heals/recovers. She said the triceps are pulling everything back there and making other stuff hurt. Direct biceps stuff lights it up in an unpleasant way.