The Gaming Thread

This is the polite off topic forum. If you’re looking to talk smack and spew nonsense, keep moving along.

Moderators: mgil, chromoly

Cody
Equipment Guru

The Gaming Thread

Post by Cody » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:32 am

For all things gaming related. Xbox, PS4, PC, whatever. What are you currently playing? What are you looking forward to being released? And if you want, share your gamer tag!

XBox
Cody - PrimevalFury
Murelli - StanchEmperor23

PS4
Nermin - twochews
SpinyNorman - Spiny42

Steam
Allentown - Monkeykins
hsilman - dashofsalt

Battle.net
Allentown - Monkeykins(#1727)
hsilman - DashOfSalt(#11821)
Last edited by Cody on Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:34 am, edited 6 times in total.

Cody
Equipment Guru

Re: The Gaming Thread

Post by Cody » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:34 am

Destiny 2 is the fucking TRUTH. It will certainly be in the running for GotY. If you're on Xbox, you're welcome to join our clan. I'm PrimevalFury.

Eyes up, guardian.

(Future Edit: I was quite let down once the DLC came out, and haven't played this game since).

hsilman
✓ Registered User

Post by hsilman » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:39 am

PC gaming only. Current rotation:

Overwatch
Dead Cells
PUBG
Squad

Recently added Squad to the rotation. That game is still in "Alpha", but it has a LOT of potential. People take this shit seriously. 50x50 maps, broken into the titular squads. Squad leaders coordinate tactics, and then pass down orders to their squads. I spent last night using an online calculator to coordinate mortar fire with a spotter who was communicating hits/adjustments via radio half a map away.

I'm interested in how the game develops, but I enjoy the community.

mgil
Shitpostmaster General

Post by mgil » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:16 pm

It's probably not super hardcore like you guys, but the Nintendo Switch is a pretty slick little system.

8-)

aurelius
Grade A Asshole

Post by aurelius » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:25 pm

Destiny 2 is the truth. PS4. Fuck Cody! I need a fire team. Just go to 265.

hsilman
✓ Registered User

Post by hsilman » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:57 pm

mgil wrote:It's probably not super hardcore like you guys, but the Nintendo Switch is a pretty slick little system.

8-)
I've heard good things! I'm happy to see Doom coming to the switch. Hopefully it's a success and gets Nintendo to think about 3rd party support a bit more seriously.

Cody
Equipment Guru

Post by Cody » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:25 am

aurelius wrote:Destiny 2 is the truth. PS4. Fuck Cody! I need a fire team. Just go to 265.
I'm 283 on my Warlock, leveling a Titan now. Don't know if I'll bother with a Hunter or not since my 3-man squad has 2 of them, lol!

We had some crazy fun with the Nightfall last night. Boss wiped me with 30 seconds left on the timer (takes 20 seconds to respawn), then the rest of the team with 15 seconds to go. He had a decent but of health left, so everyone gave up hope. As soon as I spawned, the burn element was solar, so I chunked a grenade and unloaded with my Mida Mini-tool and had magical aim - managed to kill him AS the timer expired. It was like a soccer game when you get a goal at the last second. We went wild!

Anyways, I think we cleared the Nightfall 4 more times last night after that, got the Rat King quest done, and generally had an epic time.

mgil
Shitpostmaster General

Post by mgil » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:34 am

Cody wrote: We had some crazy fun with the Nightfall last night. Boss wiped me with 30 seconds left on the timer (takes 20 seconds to respawn), then the rest of the team with 15 seconds to go. He had a decent but of health left, so everyone gave up hope. As soon as I spawned, the burn element was solar, so I chunked a grenade and unloaded with my Mida Mini-tool and had magical aim - managed to kill him AS the timer expired. It was like a soccer game when you get a goal at the last second. We went wild!
wow

I am working on remastering 200cc races on the Switch version of MK8. That's way cooler. 8-)

Mahendra

Post by Mahendra » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:39 am

Nintendo Switch, PS4, and occasional PC game here.

Current Rotation:

- Mario Kart 8
- Starcraft 2
- Zelda

broseph
High Fiber

Post by broseph » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:22 am

Replaying Fallout 4 (PS4). The first time I had every boring move planned out- get every single bobblehead, magazine, overpowered weapon, etc.

This time I'm just playing wherever quests take me, accumulating whatever I actually see (not researching locations). Still don't care about Shawn or synths or anything really. Just fun to kill stuff an a semi-challenging environment with semi-different guns than last time.

Death of the Outsider finally released. Might try that. Probably will forget about it until late winter when I'm bored.

Allentown
Likes Beer

Post by Allentown » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:16 am

Perhaps update OP with gamertags people provide?
PC only ATM, both Steam and Battle.net gamertag is Monkeykins, I think both have some code or something to actually find people though?
I am really bad at knowing how things work these days

Right now I am (still) occasionally playing Overwatch, mostly just getting my 9 Arcade wins per week, if that, for the loot boxes. The new 4v4 death match is pretty fun. Was doing primarily Mystery Hero before that.

Started Alpha Protocol a few weeks ago as my single-player game. Moderately enjoyable, if a little unpolished. Was $1.

I recently noticed Divinity: Original Sin 2 has been released- the first OS was possibly my favorite new game of the last 5 years, and I have never liked isometric RPGs. I played through it entirely co-op, which is a huge plus for me. Everything I have seen about 2 has me even more interested, and I'd really like to get into it, but my cousin, who I played the first one with, works evening shifts and has a girlfriend (he's the kind of guy who cuts off all contact with everyone he's ever known for about 2 years after starting a relationship), and with my kid I really can't devote more than about an hour a night sometime between 7:30 and 9:30. BUT! If anyone is interested in playing a hilarious co-op RPG one or two nights a week on PC, let me know, because I would jump on this game without a second thought.

hsilman
✓ Registered User

Post by hsilman » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:54 am

Allen, I think we're friends on blizzard. I couldn't for the life of me remember who monkeykins was!

Allentown
Likes Beer

Post by Allentown » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:20 am

hsilman wrote:Allen, I think we're friends on blizzard. I couldn't for the life of me remember who monkeykins was!
We are. I've seen you online a few times, but it always says "Away."

Also, I need to fix my headset. I have been using a 360 controller for basically all PC gaming, and using the headset with that, but recently it stopped working. At least, some time between last "competitive" season in Overwatch and the one before that. I don't know if it's just Overwatch, or the PC settings.

hsilman
✓ Registered User

Post by hsilman » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:31 am

Allentown wrote:
hsilman wrote:Allen, I think we're friends on blizzard. I couldn't for the life of me remember who monkeykins was!
We are. I've seen you online a few times, but it always says "Away."

Yeah I think I autoset that since it's often running in the background. I'll msg you next time I'm actually on and up to play. Been playing again recently since a friend got it and it's short matches.

Also, I need to fix my headset. I have been using a 360 controller for basically all PC gaming, and using the headset with that, but recently it stopped working. At least, some time between last "competitive" season in Overwatch and the one before that. I don't know if it's just Overwatch, or the PC settings.
Ok I'll msg you next time I'm actually online.ive been playing OW more recently. I set it to away cause it runs I the background a lot.

Cody
Equipment Guru

Re:

Post by Cody » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:41 am

Allentown wrote:Perhaps update OP with gamertags people provide?
That's a fine idea.

hsilman
✓ Registered User

Re: Re:

Post by hsilman » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:54 pm

Cody wrote:
Allentown wrote:Perhaps update OP with gamertags people provide?
That's a fine idea.
Steam - dashofsalt

Blizzard/battle.net - DashOfSalt(#11821)

Allentown
Likes Beer

Post by Allentown » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:04 pm

Monkeykins#1727 battlenet

KoolaidMannn
ruff n tuff

Post by KoolaidMannn » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:28 am

Density 2 on PS4 >xbox

hsilman
✓ Registered User

Post by hsilman » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:40 am

KoolaidMannn wrote:Density 2 on PS4 >xbox
It's not out for PC yet, but someone sell me on destiny 2. What is it, exactly?

Allentown
Likes Beer

Post by Allentown » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:15 am

hsilman wrote:
KoolaidMannn wrote:Density 2 on PS4 >xbox
It's not out for PC yet, but someone sell me on destiny 2. What is it, exactly?
AFAICT It's Borderlands 2 but with a bunch more people and no humor.