Official Pioneer Fitness Thread

Bands, chains, wraps, straps, racks... are you sure this is training related?

Moderators: mgil, Cody

Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox

Re: Official Pioneer Fitness Thread

Post by Wilhelm » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:00 pm

I thought i would need to keep using my 10mm single prong for DL when i was getting ready to buy my 13mm lever, but i actually find the lever much more comfortable for both squat and DL.
I just push it down more on my hips and in front for squat

But that's me already "learning" with the 10mm, i guess.
I was never happy with the single prong on deadlift

eyezm

Post by eyezm » Tue May 11, 2021 12:20 pm

Not sure if it's been mentioned here yet or not, but I have noticed that a 13mm 3-inch belt is REALLY hard to take off. I've tried mine and compared it to my 4-inch belt, and it's so dang hard. The buckle is smaller on the 3-inch, and I think it makes a huge difference. And the same thing happens to my buddy with his 13mm 3-inch belt. Have any of you experienced this?

Allentown
Likes Beer

Post by Allentown » Mon May 17, 2021 5:22 am

eyezm wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:20 pm Not sure if it's been mentioned here yet or not, but I have noticed that a 13mm 3-inch belt is REALLY hard to take off. I've tried mine and compared it to my 4-inch belt, and it's so dang hard. The buckle is smaller on the 3-inch, and I think it makes a huge difference. And the same thing happens to my buddy with his 13mm 3-inch belt. Have any of you experienced this?
Not a 13mm, but I have a 4" stock Pioneer Cut 10mm and a 3" stock Pioneer Cut "training" belt, and yeah the 3" is harder to get off even though I just use it for benching. My guess is the reduced abdominal fat coverage means it is easier to pull tighter while still feeling less tight.

Allentown
Likes Beer

Post by Allentown » Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:58 am

Annual sale is on. Took the opportunity to grab some smaller belts for my new, thinner waist. Now up to... 8.
Anyone want a size large Pioneer Cut 8.5mm or size large hybrid belt? If I get rid of them I have better motivation to keep my waist size down!

FredM

Post by FredM » Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:35 am

Allentown wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:58 am Annual sale is on. Took the opportunity to grab some smaller belts for my new, thinner waist. Now up to... 8.
Anyone want a size large Pioneer Cut 8.5mm or size large hybrid belt? If I get rid of them I have better motivation to keep my waist size down!
I was excited for this sale but just noticing now the new PAL levers aren't actually available on any of their belts except the untreated stock (sold out of my size) and stock black (I don't want an all black belt, I like the look of leather). You can buy the PAL lever separately but it's $60 for a new one or $45 for a cosmetic blemish one -- which brings the total price up to well above the sale discount.

Am I missing something? Seems like a weird business model to not offer your new and improved lever on any of your higher end lever belts...

Allentown
Likes Beer

Post by Allentown » Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:45 pm

FredM wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:35 am
Allentown wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:58 am Annual sale is on. Took the opportunity to grab some smaller belts for my new, thinner waist. Now up to... 8.
I was excited for this sale but just noticing now the new PAL levers aren't actually available on any of their belts except the untreated stock (sold out of my size) and stock black (I don't want an all black belt, I like the look of leather). You can buy the PAL lever separately but it's $60 for a new one or $45 for a cosmetic blemish one -- which brings the total price up to well above the sale discount.

Am I missing something? Seems like a weird business model to not offer your new and improved lever on any of your higher end lever belts...
The PAL is discounted too. Though it does seem like there should be an option somewhere to get a PAL instead of a regular lever.

Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox

Post by Wilhelm » Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:36 pm

Went ahead and ordered a matte black PAL for my Rogue/Pioneer 13mm belt.

rjharris

Post by rjharris » Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:10 am

Got a 4" small pioneer cut to replace my 4" large inzer belt I've had for a few years. It still works fine, but looks like shit since I've had to drill 4-5 extra holes in it and the lip extends pretty far past the loop. Would have gotten it personalized, but I didn't feel like spending the ~40 extra dollars for it

Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox

Post by Wilhelm » Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:35 am

Does Pioneer send out emails once orders are shipped?

I imagine they are quite busy processing everything after the big sale, but i'm hoping just ordering a PAL, that it will get shipped relatively soon.

rjharris

Post by rjharris » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:46 am

Wilhelm wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:35 am Does Pioneer send out emails once orders are shipped?
I got one for my 3" I bought during the sale last year, yes.

Allentown
Likes Beer

Post by Allentown » Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:59 am

Wilhelm wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:35 am Does Pioneer send out emails once orders are shipped?

I imagine they are quite busy processing everything after the big sale, but i'm hoping just ordering a PAL, that it will get shipped relatively soon.
My order got packed today, probably getting shipped Friday-ish, considering the volume of order drops they will be doing at USPS.

Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox

Post by Wilhelm » Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:11 pm

Looks like i may have my PAL in time for my last heavy pulls before the meet.
But i'll still have two squat sessions after than, and a light single Monday meet week.
Should be plenty of getting used to time.

BenM

Post by BenM » Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:36 pm

My PAL shipped out overnight too (probably Thursday US time, it's mid morning Friday here now).

They must have been absolutely smashed with the sale. Because USPS / Australia Post, I'll probably be waiting anohter 3 weeks, but eh. I'll survive.

51M0N

Post by 51M0N » Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:48 am

Shipping to Aus is via FedEx, so it's pretty quick (took about a week or so for me). Unfortunately final delivery is via TNT which is a pain in the ass as they only deliver if you are at the premise, and if they miss you then it takes a couple of days to organise re-delivery and permission to leave.

BenM

Post by BenM » Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:53 am

51M0N wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:48 am Shipping to Aus is via FedEx, so it's pretty quick (took about a week or so for me). Unfortunately final delivery is via TNT which is a pain in the ass as they only deliver if you are at the premise, and if they miss you then it takes a couple of days to organise re-delivery and permission to leave.
My last order from Pioneer came FedEx but that was a year or two ago - this latest one was USPS unfortunately (based on the shipping email) so it seems things have changed.

51M0N

Post by 51M0N » Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:14 am

Hmm, must have changed since I ordered my stuff in April.

PAL is most definitely worth the wait though, such a great idea.

Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox

Post by Wilhelm » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:22 am

Mine's coming FedEx
Arrived in Memphis this morning.

*Domestic US

Allentown
Likes Beer

Post by Allentown » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:38 pm

My belts actually showed up today. Honestly, not a huge fan of the 10mm untreated stock belt, I think the old 8.5mm single suede stock was a better belt. The 10mm is too stiff for a prong belt, IMO. It seems like more people would be happier with a 8.5mm single suede, which is ideal for your low-cost option?
But apparently the 10mm was their best seller, which is why they switched, so I dunno. I might end up using my old, too big belt for deadlifts anyways, instead of the new one I got intending to replace it.

Skander

Post by Skander » Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:15 am

Allentown wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:38 pm My belts actually showed up today. Honestly, not a huge fan of the 10mm untreated stock belt, I think the old 8.5mm single suede stock was a better belt. The 10mm is too stiff for a prong belt, IMO. It seems like more people would be happier with a 8.5mm single suede, which is ideal for your low-cost option?
But apparently the 10mm was their best seller, which is why they switched, so I dunno. I might end up using my old, too big belt for deadlifts anyways, instead of the new one I got intending to replace it.
You could return it since it's stock, though when I got a 3" belt it just wasn't worth it with the shipping- I ended up selling locally and then getting another one (had the wrong size). Ended up out maybe $15 extra.

Allentown
Likes Beer

Post by Allentown » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:41 am

Skander wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:15 am
Allentown wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:38 pm My belts actually showed up today. Honestly, not a huge fan of the 10mm untreated stock belt, I think the old 8.5mm single suede stock was a better belt. The 10mm is too stiff for a prong belt, IMO. It seems like more people would be happier with a 8.5mm single suede, which is ideal for your low-cost option?
You could return it since it's stock, though when I got a 3" belt it just wasn't worth it with the shipping- I ended up selling locally and then getting another one (had the wrong size). Ended up out maybe $15 extra.
It fits much better, it's just... so stiff. And, I was today years old when I found out there was a second page of "powerlifting belts" that had a 6.5mm Pioneer Cut, I had assumed you could only get the 6.5mm with standard hole spacing.