Slingshot XL for sale

For all your buying and selling needs

Moderator: Chebass88

omaniphil

Slingshot XL for sale

Post by omaniphil » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:20 am

I have an original (red) Slingshot for sale that is an XL (fits people 180-220lbs). It was tight to begin with, but I've gained some weight and so needed to size up to the 2XL. I've had it a year, but haven't used it much at all. It sells for $55 new, and I'm selling it for $30, plus shipping.

AaronM
Pheasant

Re: Slingshot XL for sale

Post by AaronM » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:29 am

I've seen several people mention these things. What's the primary purpose of a slingshot? I'm guessing it allows for more tricep work since you get the elastic stretch at the bottom of the lift? Is the slingshot meant to be used with a CGBP?

omaniphil

Post by omaniphil » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:48 am

AaronM wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:29 am I've seen several people mention these things. What's the primary purpose of a slingshot? I'm guessing it allows for more tricep work since you get the elastic stretch at the bottom of the lift? Is the slingshot meant to be used with a CGBP?
That's exactly right. Its just a way of overloading the end of the ROM of the Bench without overly fatiguing your chest. I like it better than using boards since you're able to work all the way through the ROM to help your groove. Another way of using is to get more volume in than you would otherwise. I haven't used it much till recently, since I started the Barbell Medicine 12 week strength template. One of the slots calls for an overload bench and they give you a bunch of options with this being their favored one.

AaronM
Pheasant

Post by AaronM » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:19 am

omaniphil wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:48 am
AaronM wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:29 am I've seen several people mention these things. What's the primary purpose of a slingshot? I'm guessing it allows for more tricep work since you get the elastic stretch at the bottom of the lift? Is the slingshot meant to be used with a CGBP?
That's exactly right. Its just a way of overloading the end of the ROM of the Bench without overly fatiguing your chest. I like it better than using boards since you're able to work all the way through the ROM to help your groove. Another way of using is to get more volume in than you would otherwise. I haven't used it much till recently, since I started the Barbell Medicine 12 week strength template. One of the slots calls for an overload bench and they give you a bunch of options with this being their favored one.
Yeah, I remember Austin telling me he liked the slingshot for extra volume and tricep work. Using a slingshot is a bit more specific to the bench than tri-ext variations. Hmmm, I'll have to see how much spending money I have left over after buying my Titan X-3 and RF adjustable bench :lol:

LexAnderson
small whoopie mouse

Post by LexAnderson » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:42 am

Just sent you a message.

omaniphil

Post by omaniphil » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:37 am

Sold!