The Cheap Whey Thread

What's a carb? A car part? What's a macro? A type of camera lens?

Moderator: Manveer

Manveer
M3N4C3

Re: The Cheap Whey Thread

Post by Manveer » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:58 am

broseph wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:34 am
Manveer wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:25 am I can’t find any decent codes from MP recently. Trying to order 2x11 lb chocolate smooth isolate and it comes out to $181.98 before tax with a 35% discount code. There are referral codes, but I’d have to create a new account to use them...kind of annoying.
ASEELVIP gave me 55% off everything a week ago. I just check slickdeals (via @Wilhelm tip)

1.5 scoops Salted Caramel + 2 bananas + 8oz milk = the most delicious thing in my diet right now.

EDIT since MP changes their prices all around depending the current "discount"-
I paid $149.28 for 11 + 5.5 pounds flavored whey concentrate and 11 pounds unflavored isolate shipped.
Thanks - that code still works!

Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox

Post by Wilhelm » Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:19 am

Yeah, thanks.
Got one 11lb bag isolate to stock up on supply for my spouse.
I use the concentrat, and am good through the rest of the year.

A reminder, if you have a bunch of privacy and ad block extensions, disable those before paying (at least with paypal afaik)
MyProtein site just buffers or stall at that point for me if i leave stuff one.
Same with eBay

Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox

Post by Wilhelm » Fri May 21, 2021 4:12 pm

$54.60 w/ free shipping for 11-Lb MyProtein Impact Whey Isolate (Chocolate Brownie)
Slickdeals code VIP35

Make sure it works properly before buying (duh)
Might work for multiple bags.
That's hella low for isolate.

Slickdeals page
https://slickdeals.net/f/15040699-mypro ... t147379276

MyProtein page you'll click to anyway from SlickDeals
https://us.myprotein.com/sports-nutriti ... n=11111214

You can make a keyword filter "alert" on slickdeals and get these to your email.
The best deals i've seen arent direct from MyProtein

TimK
Much Mustache

Post by TimK » Fri May 21, 2021 5:47 pm

Damn, just stocked up at the “normal discount” prices. I’ll have to remember to check slickdeals next time.

mouse

Post by mouse » Sun May 30, 2021 4:55 am

MP is doing 55% off for the weekend so I was browsing and am I to understand they don't do bags of creatine mono anymore? In fact it looks like they cut way down on a lot of their products. Probably not a bad thing overall (because they had SO MUCH STUFF) but why nix the creatine I wonder...

Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox

Post by Wilhelm » Sun May 30, 2021 6:26 am

mouse wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 4:55 am MP is doing 55% off for the weekend so I was browsing and am I to understand they don't do bags of creatine mono anymore? In fact it looks like they cut way down on a lot of their products. Probably not a bad thing overall (because they had SO MUCH STUFF) but why nix the creatine I wonder...
I don't know about them, but i get micronized creatine from BulkSupplements.
About $20 for a kilo.
Stronger by Science has a 5% discount code for them too ~ SBSPOD . Don't spend the savings all in one place. :lol:
iirc, it's free shipping over $49

Huh, just remembering i did get creatine as a gift from MP last order.
That was the end of 2020 though.

mouse

Post by mouse » Sun May 30, 2021 7:14 am

Wilhelm wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:26 am
mouse wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 4:55 am MP is doing 55% off for the weekend so I was browsing and am I to understand they don't do bags of creatine mono anymore? In fact it looks like they cut way down on a lot of their products. Probably not a bad thing overall (because they had SO MUCH STUFF) but why nix the creatine I wonder...
I don't know about them, but i get micronized creatine from BulkSupplements.
About $20 for a kilo.
Stronger by Science has a 5% discount code for them too ~ SBSPOD . Don't spend the savings all in one place. :lol:
iirc, it's free shipping over $49

Huh, just remembering i did get creatine as a gift from MP last order.
That was the end of 2020 though.
Yeah I've gotten BS (unfortunate abbreviation is unfortunate) for creatine in the past too... I was just surprised they (MP) seems to have gotten rid of it for whatever reason... but you can still get like citrulline and glutamine... weird...

asdf

Post by asdf » Sun May 30, 2021 10:07 am

mouse wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:14 am(MP) seems to have gotten rid of creatine...
There may be a widespread shortage. I typically order NOW creatine from Amazon, but they were out last month and still are. You can still find My Protein creatine on Amazon, but it's expensive.

Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox

Post by Wilhelm » Sun May 30, 2021 11:19 am

Might be a buck higher here, but that price looks familiar

https://www.bulksupplements.com/product ... 3392269423

Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox

ULTRA Cheap Whey

Post by Wilhelm » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:57 pm

Don't know how long this will last
11lbs Impact Whey Protein Powder | MYPROTEIN:tm: $30.50
$30.50
11lbs of Myprotein Impact Whey protein in Chocolate Mint or Fruity Cereal for $30.50 with code BEAST. Free shipping if you buy 2! Comes to $2.77/lb.
Just those two flavor options
Enter the code and the price should adjust.
Looks to be good for multiple bags

You can make an account at slickdeals.net, then make a keyword alert for MyProtein, and the codes will come to your inbox.
They are sporadic, but when the good ones hit, they are cheaper than the best on MyProtein's site.

Frickin wish this code worked for unflavored.
My last purchase was about $44 for 11 lb bags with a slickdeals code.

Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox

Post by Wilhelm » Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:25 pm

Slickdeals code for 2 - 5.5lb bags isolate for $60 w/ free shipping
Follow the instructions (select 2 5.5lb bags) and use the code
MYPISO60

Any flavor afaik.
Must be two 5.5lb bags.

Not sure if it would work on multiple orders of 2.

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:12 pm

Wilhelm wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:25 pm Slickdeals code for 2 - 5.5lb bags isolate for $60 w/ free shipping
Follow the instructions (select 2 5.5lb bags) and use the code
MYPISO60

Any flavor afaik.
Must be two 5.5lb bags.

Not sure if it would work on multiple orders of 2.
Just what I was looking for today. Thanks. Too bad no 5.5 bags of Salted Caramel available.

Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox

Post by Wilhelm » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:36 pm

@Hardartery
I signed up on Slickdeals.net, and made a MyProtein keyword/alert.
These cone to my email sporadically, and most often are better than any discounts on the main Myprotein site.
Wife uses the isolate, so i jumped on this.

It's been a while since i've seen a killer code for concentrate, but last time i stocked up it came to $45 for 11lb bags.
$4.09 per lb

Allentown
Likes Beer

Post by Allentown » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:30 am

BOGO at MyProtein right now, but 2x5lb bags of isolate still comes out to $75. Wild.

Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox

Post by Wilhelm » Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:59 pm

55% off Whey concentrate, no code needed.
Myprotein US

This was in effect earlier tonight, red icon with the discount will show on item on the main protein page.
$58.49 for an 11lb bag.
That's my lowest "normal' discount from them.
Not sure when or if i'll ever get down close to the $45 per bag from the last really good slickdeals code.

Renascent
Desperado

Post by Renascent » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:00 am

I went to re-up on protein powder at GNC, and the dude at the counter explained that there was a retailer markup due to supply chain bullshit. I balked at the price (and paid it anyway), but going forward I might have to finally give Myprotein a shot (it didn't seem too cost-effective for me before).

Anybody experiencing issues at the moment with receiving their protein by mail?

Hardartery

Post by Hardartery » Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:30 pm

Renascent wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:00 am I went to re-up on protein powder at GNC, and the dude at the counter explained that there was a retailer markup due to supply chain bullshit. I balked at the price (and paid it anyway), but going forward I might have to finally give Myprotein a shot (it didn't seem too cost-effective for me before).

GNC brand protein did really awful things to my breath, so I never bought any. Top 3 at a Strongman contest meant free stuff as prizes, so I tried a lot of protein and laughed at the idea of ever paying for it when I was competing - I always had a few tubs kicking around. A good sale at Myprotein is usually a pretty good price, and I haven't had a bad flavour yet. The Dragonfruit clear whey didn't mix well, and I don't like casein apparently, but the taste was really good. It has also shipped quickly every order so far, but I order several bags at a time when the sale is on, and it's never when I actually need it (I am in fact not even in the country usually, it's a stockpile for me to carry in the luggage because that stuff is stupid expensive in Central America)

Renascent
Desperado

Post by Renascent » Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:06 pm

Hardartery wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:30 pm
Renascent wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:00 am I went to re-up on protein powder at GNC, and the dude at the counter explained that there was a retailer markup due to supply chain bullshit. I balked at the price (and paid it anyway), but going forward I might have to finally give Myprotein a shot (it didn't seem too cost-effective for me before).

GNC brand protein did really awful things to my breath, so I never bought any. Top 3 at a Strongman contest meant free stuff as prizes, so I tried a lot of protein and laughed at the idea of ever paying for it when I was competing - I always had a few tubs kicking around. A good sale at Myprotein is usually a pretty good price, and I haven't had a bad flavour yet. The Dragonfruit clear whey didn't mix well, and I don't like casein apparently, but the taste was really good. It has also shipped quickly every order so far, but I order several bags at a time when the sale is on, and it's never when I actually need it (I am in fact not even in the country usually, it's a stockpile for me to carry in the luggage because that stuff is stupid expensive in Central America)
Optimum Nutrition is the brand I buy, but the clerk said that the increase in price was on GNC's end and not ON. Apparently the price increase is scaled backward, so I actually would lose money if I bought a larger tub.

Before now, it never seemed to work out for me math-wise to go with Myprotein, but the tides have turned. Hell, I might even need to go cow-shopping one day.

Inverstone

Post by Inverstone » Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:40 pm

5lb tubs of some Isolates on Amazon are not currently in stock. Still available in l or 2lb tubs, which I don't understand. Even if people can't get their usual 5lbers, you'd think the smaller tubs would now be moving...? I subscribe for my protein Isolates and thought that might get "us" to the head of the line once this situation came along but, nope.

asdf

Post by asdf » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:45 pm

I buy Now Whey Isolate on Amazon. Since I use an Amazon credit card, I get a 5% rebate. Since I live in a big city, I get same day delivery.