Log Setup Help

A place to track your progress, or lack thereof

Moderator: Chebass88

mgil
Shitpostmaster General

Log Setup Help

Post by mgil » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:22 am

A few tips/tricks for setting up a log if you haven't done so already.

A brief overview of training history is a nice intro (I'm guilty of leaving this out of my most recent log) for other lifters. Most of the logs here have some nice examples.

Lifter stats are nice also: age, weight, height, training history, etc.

Since we have a rankings page now, you can track your PRs on the opening post by inserting this link: http://www.exodus-strength.com/ranking/

@unruhschuh has made some handy code for parsing RTS and other data into tables if you want. http://exodus-strength.com/tools/?tool=csvtobb and http://exodus-strength.com/tools/?tool=rtstobb are the links (CSV to BB and RTS to BB, respectively)

The forum software automatically parses YouTube and Instagram links and will embed them into you posts.

unruhschuh
Männlicher Photoshop-Experte

Re: Log Setup Help

Post by unruhschuh » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:28 am

Also check out the new Training Log list (see also the navigation bar at the top). It is much easier to find a specific log, since all of them are listed on one page and there is even a filter input, so you can search e.g. for a username. I actually use it to find my own log every time I want to log a new workout.

throwinshapes

Post by throwinshapes » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:51 pm

I noticed there's a time limit on editing posts, does it also apply here? For example, it would be nice to know I could keep the 1st post in my log up to date indefinitely.

mgil
Shitpostmaster General

Post by mgil » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:53 pm

throwinshapes wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:51 pm I noticed there's a time limit on editing posts, does it also apply here? For example, it would be nice to know I could keep the 1st post in my log up to date indefinitely.
So yeah, there is a limit, but if you feel compelled to update PRs or similar on the entry post, if you PM a moderator we can do that for you. Just try to be kind and do this only as needed. :-)

Manveer
M3N4C3

Post by Manveer » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:58 pm

mgil wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:53 pm
throwinshapes wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:51 pm I noticed there's a time limit on editing posts, does it also apply here? For example, it would be nice to know I could keep the 1st post in my log up to date indefinitely.
So yeah, there is a limit, but if you feel compelled to update PRs or similar on the entry post, if you PM a moderator we can do that for you. Just try to be kind and do this only as needed. :-)
There’s no time limit on editing the first post. This was done specifically with training logs in mind.

throwinshapes

Post by throwinshapes » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:28 pm

Manveer wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:58 pm
mgil wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:53 pm
There’s no time limit on editing the first post. This was done specifically with training logs in mind.
Perfect, that's all I would want. Thanks.

TimF

Post by TimF » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:26 pm

Is the PR tracking automatic? Or am I just mis-understanding what inserting the link does?

Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox

Post by Wilhelm » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:34 pm

TimF wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:26 pm Is the PR tracking automatic? Or am I just mis-understanding what inserting the link does?
Looks like the link just takes you to the rankings page.

If you go to your profile/edit profile, you will see where you can enter numbers for the different lifts.
Those numbers will then be seen in the rankings.

TimF

Post by TimF » Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:06 pm

Wilhelm wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:34 pm
TimF wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:26 pm Is the PR tracking automatic? Or am I just mis-understanding what inserting the link does?
Looks like the link just takes you to the rankings page.

If you go to your profile/edit profile, you will see where you can enter numbers for the different lifts.
Those numbers will then be seen in the rankings.
Ok, that's what I thought. Cheers!

ahpowerlifts

Post by ahpowerlifts » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:50 am

Anyone else having trouble with the RTS to BB code converter? I think RTS changed something and now it doesnt work. @unruhschuh

Sincerely,
a lazy poster who doesn't want to type everything in

Wilhelm
Little Musk Ox

Post by Wilhelm » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:03 am

ahpowerlifts wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:50 am Anyone else having trouble with the RTS to BB code converter? I think RTS changed something and now it doesnt work. @unruhschuh

Sincerely,
a lazy poster who doesn't want to type everything in
You are not alone.
viewtopic.php?f=33&p=180597#p180597

cole

Post by cole » Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:49 pm

@mgil i cant respond to my training thread. it says " 403 forbidden. Access to this resource on the server is denied"

but i can respond to others threads. can you help?

edit: Sorry, i guess i can post, just cant copy my BB code from RTS app anymore. bummer

mgil
Shitpostmaster General

Post by mgil » Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:01 am

cole wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:49 pm mgil i cant respond to my training thread. it says " 403 forbidden. Access to this resource on the server is denied"

but i can respond to others threads. can you help?

edit: Sorry, i guess i can post, just cant copy my BB code from RTS app anymore. bummer
Aye, the slow march of phpBB code. Looping in @BenM to see if this is something he might be able to look into.

BenM

Post by BenM » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:44 pm

@cole at what point exactly are you getting the 403 error?

Like are you getting an error when you paste in your BB code and try to post it, or somewhere else?

The RTS->BBCode generator was written by someone else, and really hasn't been maintained/looked at in years. I probably should remove the link to it. That said, if I had some data to work with I could probably try and figure it out sometime.

cole

Post by cole » Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:26 pm

BenM wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:44 pm @cole at what point exactly are you getting the 403 error?

Like are you getting an error when you paste in your BB code and try to post it, or somewhere else?

The RTS->BBCode generator was written by someone else, and really hasn't been maintained/looked at in years. I probably should remove the link to it. That said, if I had some data to work with I could probably try and figure it out sometime.
right when i go to submit the entry it says

Forbidden
Access to this resource on the server is denied!

must have something to do with the code bc i use this website to translate my RTS log into BB code:http://www.velocity2rpe.com/rtsformat

when i copy and try to paste that data, the 403 message comes up. but if i manually type stuff in it allows me to repsond

BenM

Post by BenM » Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:31 pm

cole wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:26 pm
BenM wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:44 pm @cole at what point exactly are you getting the 403 error?

right when i go to submit the entry it says

Forbidden
Access to this resource on the server is denied!

must have something to do with the code bc i use this website to translate my RTS log into BB code:http://www.velocity2rpe.com/rtsformat

when i copy and try to paste that data, the 403 message comes up. but if i manually type stuff in it allows me to repsond
Thanks.

So I've had a look at the logs, and can't see any 403 errors from your IP address. I have an idea it might be a security plugin that the web host uses which is flagging something in that BBCode as a security issue. I don't have access to change anything in that plugin, but I have come across an issue like this once before and they were happy to tweak and fix it. Problem is I need an example of the code that's causing the error.

Are you able to give me an example of some BBCode that causes the error? Easiest way might be just pasting it into https://pastebin.com/ and giving me a link to it. Then I can do some testing with it and see what I can do about getting it fixed. The example in that RTS converter doesn't seem to cause the issue.

cole

Post by cole » Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:21 pm

@BenM thanks for looking into it...its the weirdest thing, today i copied and pasted my session just fine. i went back to edit my previous post with the data from that session on RTS and it gave me the same 403 forbidden. so its only doing it for post #1672 for me

no bid deal i guess

BenM

Post by BenM » Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:52 am

I keep meaning to come back to this but work has been nuts this week.

Alright. I don't think it's the post number exactly. I think it's something in the text of that particular log entry that's causing ModSecurity to block access (that's the security tool I mentioned). It's intended to protect against things like SQL injection attacks and I am guessing there's some combination of special characters in the post text that's tripping that security feature.

If I can see the text that's causing the problem I might be able to get the web host to tweak the rules and work around it, but if it's just a one off thing and you're not worried then that's fine too.

cole

Post by cole » Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:03 pm

Thanks @BenM the last couple times have worked for me so I will get with you if it happens again and show you the script

BenM

Post by BenM » Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:59 pm

Thanks @cole - all good!