Where do I belong?

This is the polite off topic forum. If you’re looking to talk smack and spew nonsense, keep moving along.

Moderators: mgil, chromoly

unruhschuh
Männlicher Photoshop-Experte

Where do I belong?

Post by unruhschuh » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:08 am

Barbellmedicine forum, exodus strength, this is my parents getting divorced all over again.

Where do I go from here? Where do I belong?

No, seriously, I don't know where to start my training log. Not being allowed to ask this very question at the old place, is an indication of not starting it there.

Manveer
M3N4C3

Re: Where do I belong?

Post by Manveer » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:17 am

Well, this forum is growing pretty fast and we have a good crew of volunteers working on the site to keep improving it. I'd say you're likely to get more eyes and a more diverse range of opinions from this group. Obviously I am biased.

Chebass88
Big E

Post by Chebass88 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:57 am

The Barbell Medicine forums won't be useful outside of their programming and products, as they are in the business of selling programs, coaching, and equipment. They are absorbing some of the displeased members from SS forum, but that only goes so long. They will need to keep their "brand" on target there as well.

On the other hand - we have nothing to sell. Multiple methods work to get stronger - some are better than others, but you won't hear rigid dogma here. There are members here who are quite strong, have successfully coached others to be strong.

Manveer
M3N4C3

Post by Manveer » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:10 am

Chebass88 wrote:On the other hand - we have nothing to sell. Multiple methods work to get stronger - some are better than others, but you won't hear rigid dogma here. There are members here who are quite strong, have successfully coached others to be strong.
Yeah, that too. No agenda. No brand. Just a supportive community.

unruhschuh
Männlicher Photoshop-Experte

Post by unruhschuh » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:23 am

All good points!

How do you plan to support this place financially in the long run?

Manveer
M3N4C3

Post by Manveer » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:27 am

unruhschuh wrote:How do you plan to support this place financially in the long run?
KotJ is working the street corners hard for us.

Seriously though, donations to start. We're working on some apparel. The plan is to run the site as a non-profit. If we are ever fortunate enough that we are generating more cash than we need, we'll donate it.

Allentown
Likes Beer

Post by Allentown » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:33 am

Manveer wrote:
unruhschuh wrote:How do you plan to support this place financially in the long run?

Seriously though, donations to start. We're working on some apparel. The plan is to run the site as a non-profit. If we are ever fortunate enough that we are generating more cash than we need, we'll donate it.
Coincidentally, I know there is an Instant-grams, but is there a Yoo-tub account?

simonrest
Objectifies Monotremes

Post by simonrest » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:31 pm

Manveer wrote:

not sure if this software supports it but I'd have no issue at all with ads on the site.

Manveer
M3N4C3

Post by Manveer » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:33 pm

I say "fuck ads"...at least for the foreseeable future.

No YouTube channel because no one uses YouTube and we're not making any content besides pictures of Silly Gilly.