Hungry At Night

What's a carb? A car part? What's a macro? A type of camera lens?

Moderator: Manveer

IronRon

Hungry At Night

Post by IronRon » Mon May 04, 2020 2:25 am

Hey fellas,

One of the biggest hurdles I've had with tightening up my nutrition of late is snacking at nights.

I get super hungry at night and it doesn't seem to matter what my diet is like. I can be cutting, bulking... It makes 0 difference.

This has been my life now since being in my 30s and it's annoying as hell. It's even got to the point where I'm watching television with the wife and she's watching some show about people who eat out all the time and I just wonder how the hell they can go from 8PM until 8AM without eating again. Like it actually makes me feel anxious just thinking about going without food for that long.

Anybody else get this? If so what did you do to help solve it?

Thanks
- IR

BenM

Re: Hungry At Night

Post by BenM » Mon May 04, 2020 3:21 am

Eating more during the day fixes this for me usually....

BostonRugger
Edging Lord

Post by BostonRugger » Mon May 04, 2020 5:25 am

My method was to keep intake low in the morning/afternoon. This allowed for a satisfying dinner and room for a snack while staying calorie compliant. I had an easier time being hungry through the work day than at night when I’d just be sitting 12 steps from my fridge.

IME, losing weight meant I needed to be somewhat hungry for some part(s) of the day. Being hungry for short periods is not harmful and being able to pick the time of day was nice psychologically/

mettkeks

Post by mettkeks » Thu May 21, 2020 6:35 pm

BostonRugger wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 5:25 am My method was to keep intake low in the morning/afternoon. This allowed for a satisfying dinner and room for a snack while staying calorie compliant. I had an easier time being hungry through the work day than at night when I’d just be sitting 12 steps from my fridge.

IME, losing weight meant I needed to be somewhat hungry for some part(s) of the day. Being hungry for short periods is not harmful and being able to pick the time of day was nice psychologically/
This. A dinner with a big lump of dead animal keeps the fridge closed at night. At least for me.