What brand has this logo? Strongman Log

Bands, chains, wraps, straps, racks... are you sure this is training related?

Moderators: mgil, Cody

ObiWanJabroni

What brand has this logo? Strongman Log

Post by ObiWanJabroni » Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:41 pm

My gym bought a strongman log. I want to know the weight and dimensions of this thing but don't recognize the brand logo. Any ideas?

Hardartery

Re: What brand has this logo? Strongman Log

Post by Hardartery » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:24 am

It is most likely some local equipment fabricator. It is VERY rare for there to be a cap and ring in the end of a log, that's is usually just a hollow pipe with nothing to protect. No bearings or bushings to grease, so the cap and ring is weird. I don't know where you live, but a Google search for equipment fabricators in your general vicinity will probably give you your answer. That said, and don't take this the wrong way, does your gym not have a scale? Tape measures are pretty easy to come across as well. I can start you off by estimating the section in your hand is roughly 2" diameter, and the handles are probably somewjere between 24" and 27" center to center. Also, whoever did the powder coatong did not do a good job. the fact that it is already chipped off and the metal underneath is that clean shows that it didn't adhere terribly well.

mouse

Post by mouse » Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:12 am

This is by far the strangest thing I've ever seen in terms of strongman shit.

However it kind of makes me morbidly curious as to whether someone out there would be bougie enough to make a log with spinning sleeves...

augeleven

Post by augeleven » Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:47 am

Does that graphic even lift? Also, why is (s)he wearing lederhosen that’s several sizes too big?

ObiWanJabroni

Post by ObiWanJabroni » Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:47 am

Hardartery wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:24 am It is most likely some local equipment fabricator. It is VERY rare for there to be a cap and ring in the end of a log, that's is usually just a hollow pipe with nothing to protect. No bearings or bushings to grease, so the cap and ring is weird. I don't know where you live, but a Google search for equipment fabricators in your general vicinity will probably give you your answer. That said, and don't take this the wrong way, does your gym not have a scale? Tape measures are pretty easy to come across as well. I can start you off by estimating the section in your hand is roughly 2" diameter, and the handles are probably somewjere between 24" and 27" center to center. Also, whoever did the powder coatong did not do a good job. the fact that it is already chipped off and the metal underneath is that clean shows that it didn't adhere terribly well.
Yeah I figured it would be easier to just look it up. This is a Crunch gym. They have some Titan farmers handles and trap bar so not sure why they went with this log. Your guesstimates are pretty good.I did some rough estimate measuring last night: tip to tip 91 inches, 8 inch barrel, 24 between the handles. It feels around 50 lbs. I've been using a swiss bar to mimic a log so this will work out great for me. Thanks for your input.